Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How Often do you wash

Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #41
magog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud ofmagog45 has much to be proud of

magog45's Tacoma Gallery
I only wash mine regular in the winter to get the copious amounts of salt off that they like to pour on the roads here. Your assistant would be welcome to wash it everyday.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #43
FCMtaco is a jewel in the roughFCMtaco is a jewel in the roughFCMtaco is a jewel in the roughFCMtaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Patrick
FCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
At least once a week. More if I drive on the beach.. gotta get all the salt off
Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #44
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
First wash in months...
I like to keep a solid layer of mud on it, cause I hate the color
(After-market paint job; you can't tell from the crappy cell-phone pic, but there's an obnoxious amount of blue flakes in the paint - to the point that it looks glittery ... oh, it also has black ghost flames on the hood and fenders)

Old 07-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #45
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
When mother nature decides to wash it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #46
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is gold and it matches the color of the dirt around here. I've had it for 8 months and I've washed it probably 4 times...so every two months or so.

My honda civic gets washed every 3 years. So every 2 months is pretty good.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #47
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
And see that's what I love about a truck, you don't feel so pressured to have to wash it because its a truck. I used to have a 2005 WRX STi, and I used to wash that thing sometimes twice a week well because it was an STi. Now that I have a truck, and an older one at that (2003), I wash it about once a month.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #48
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe once a month or so, for most of the year. During utah winters I do a drive through wash to get the salt off at least twice a week.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #49
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
First wash in months...
I like to keep a solid layer of mud on it, cause I hate the color
(After-market paint job; you can't tell from the crappy cell-phone pic, but there's an obnoxious amount of blue flakes in the paint - to the point that it looks glittery ... oh, it also has black ghost flames on the hood and fenders)

...Never ever freaking fails
Doesn't matter how long of a dry-spell we've had (at least a month, this time around)...
if I spend a little bit more than I should have at the car-wash, within 24 hours it POURS rain
Old 07-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #50
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Too much in the summer, she gets spoiled. About 1-2x a month in the summer and once every other or every 3 months in the winter.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #51
No Money. No Love.
SmogSUX is on a distinguished road

SmogSUX's Tacoma Gallery
Once a year. Paints already scratched up.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #52
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
I manage a large full service car wash, but I live next door to it so my truck doesn't get too dirty. So probably twice a month. My Stang gets it every week.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #53
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^I used to wash the Evo every week like you. Now it only seems to get washed 3 or 4 times a year. But then I only put about 2000 miles on it a year.

My truck gets washed about half that these days. Yesterday was one of those days though!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #54
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Just here for the bewbs! I was mine every couple of months.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #55
hickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
hickorylarge's Tacoma Gallery
The boobs brought me here too. Maybe like once a month or month and a half. Before the tacoma I had a dark grey civic, similar to mgm, and man that color hid the dirt so well I almost never washed it and it looked fine. Now my truck is black, so even right after I wash it it looks all spotty. It's really hard to keep the black looking clean.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #56
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
When it rains. It's going to body shop next week for a cab and bed swap. All new paint so it will be washed quite often
Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #57
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
usually every 10 days or so and wax it every 2-3 months