Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Having trouble finding A/T throttle bracket.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
texasczech is on a distinguished road

texasczech's Tacoma Gallery
Having trouble finding A/T throttle bracket.

Well I just recently bought a new 4x4 Taco and I'm getting ready to sell my old preRunner to my pop. The old man has no interest in the 2nd Gen. S/C and I recently came across and bought a used intake manifold for little to nothing ($5 at a garage sale!).

The only problem I'm running into is that it came off of a M/T truck and I can't find the throttle cable bracket for an A/T with the kickdown cable.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I might pick one up. I figure I'll hoof through a couple salvage yards but any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
mudnhunt4life is on a distinguished road
Name: Brent
mudnhunt4life's Tacoma Gallery
Toyotapartsoverstock.com might be worth checking out? Does this mean you might be selling your S/C?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
texasczech is on a distinguished road

texasczech's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've been through TPoverstock and not been able to find the part.

Not sure about selling it yet, especially since its first got to come off but I'll keep that in mind.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
If dealer is a choice you might try 1stToyotaParts. https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/oempartscat.html
That might be an old link. Here is another I had saved for the same place: http://parts.tituswilltoyota.com/oempartscat.html

Otherwise, maybe Jim's Toyota Truck Parts out of CO. Not sure if they go that new though.

Cheers

Edit: here is the link for the place. Not used them, but have them saved just as a potential source. Looks like they just go up to 2000, but maybe the pieces you need cross to older models as being the same.
http://www.yodajims.com/Yoda_Jims/Parts.html
Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
mudnhunt4life is on a distinguished road
Name: Brent
mudnhunt4life's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Hillindoner. Checked with Toyota Jims and they're one of the few places that knew exactly what I was looking for. Only problem is they'll only sell me the bracket with the throttle body, minus the TPS for 50.

I'll give 1st Toyota a try tomorrow.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
1st Toyota is a dealer that sells discounted parts. Probably best to call as email can be delayed depending on when you send your request. Also, probably easer to describe what you are after and make sure it is the right thing. I tend to go to the site with part numbers already in hand. They have a general parts section where you can look up parts, but I use the part number look up function. Just a habit.

Anyway, hope it works out for you. Let us know what you come up with.

Cheers