1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Having trouble finding A/T throttle bracket.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by texasczech, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Jul 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    texasczech

texasczech [OP] New Member

Member:
    Well I just recently bought a new 4x4 Taco and I'm getting ready to sell my old preRunner to my pop. The old man has no interest in the 2nd Gen. S/C and I recently came across and bought a used intake manifold for little to nothing ($5 at a garage sale!).

The only problem I'm running into is that it came off of a M/T truck and I can't find the throttle cable bracket for an A/T with the kickdown cable.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where I might pick one up. I figure I'll hoof through a couple salvage yards but any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

2. Jul 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    mudnhunt4life

mudnhunt4life New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2000 4x4 Doublecab
    Toyotapartsoverstock.com might be worth checking out? Does this mean you might be selling your S/C?

3. Jul 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    texasczech

texasczech [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah I've been through TPoverstock and not been able to find the part.

Not sure about selling it yet, especially since its first got to come off but I'll keep that in mind.

4. Jul 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    If dealer is a choice you might try 1stToyotaParts. https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/oempartscat.html
    That might be an old link. Here is another I had saved for the same place: http://parts.tituswilltoyota.com/oempartscat.html

Otherwise, maybe Jim's Toyota Truck Parts out of CO. Not sure if they go that new though.

Cheers

Edit: here is the link for the place. Not used them, but have them saved just as a potential source. Looks like they just go up to 2000, but maybe the pieces you need cross to older models as being the same.
    http://www.yodajims.com/Yoda_Jims/Parts.html

5. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    mudnhunt4life

mudnhunt4life New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2000 4x4 Doublecab
    Thanks Hillindoner. Checked with Toyota Jims and they're one of the few places that knew exactly what I was looking for. Only problem is they'll only sell me the bracket with the throttle body, minus the TPS for 50.

I'll give 1st Toyota a try tomorrow.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

6. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    1st Toyota is a dealer that sells discounted parts. Probably best to call as email can be delayed depending on when you send your request. Also, probably easer to describe what you are after and make sure it is the right thing. I tend to go to the site with part numbers already in hand. They have a general parts section where you can look up parts, but I use the part number look up function. Just a habit.

Anyway, hope it works out for you. Let us know what you come up with.

Cheers

Products Discussed in

To Top