Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new t stat not working

Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
truckerman49 is on a distinguished road
Name: Frank
truckerman49's Tacoma Gallery
new t stat not working

hay guys i just put a motor 2.7 3rz in my 96 taco and i am having problems with the t stat not opening i have went threw two t stats so not sure what to do top hose is hot bottum is cold and heater hoses are hot any ideas?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
From your description of your problem, you have a clogged radiator, with no water traveling through it. Your water makes a loop from the top of the radiator to the bottom, exchanging heat with the air through the air fins of the radiator. The hot water is at the top and it is cooled by traveling through the radiator to the bottom where the water pump, pushes through the engine back to the thermostat and the upper radiator hose.
If your hose on top is hot and your hose on bottom is cold, you are not getting any coolant/water through your radiator. Your bottom hose should be warm, but not as warm as the top hose if all was working right. You need a new radiator. Good Luck.