Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A/C not cooling in morning, but only in afternoon .

Old 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
XrayTech is on a distinguished road
Name: Sergio
XrayTech's Tacoma Gallery
A/C not cooling in morning, but only in afternoon .

I'm new to this forum, can't seem to get my questions answered. Heres the problem...I own a 2004 Tacoma, the a/c has the right pressures in freon. In the mornings when I'm going to work the a/c blows only air, not hot, but just air. But in the afternoon going home the a/c blows cold air the rest of the day. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
BrotherBudro is on a distinguished road
Name: David
BrotherBudro's Tacoma Gallery
my 04 is doing some weird stuff as well. mine is like sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't, and when it does most of the time it's not and strong as it should.

sorry i can help but if i find anything i'll let you know, could be related
Old 07-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I can think is the cooler thermistor. Will the A/C run cold in the morning if RECIRC is on? The only thing I could think is that the thermistor is failing and the return air is warm enough in the afternoon to let it kick the compressor on, but in the morning it's cooler so the compressor thinks the supply air is satisfied? I'm not sure...
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Thanks for responding...that's what I've come up with that it's the thermistor...even with the RECIRC it still blows just air. But after driving 20 mins or so the a/c starts blowing cold air, and continues blowjng cold air the rest of the day, but acts up in the morning. I started with this problem two weeks ago.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
BrotherBudro is on a distinguished road
Name: David
BrotherBudro's Tacoma Gallery
another thread here mentions a guy that shot some compressed air through ____ line that cleared it out and his works fine now, don't know if that is the same thing, but might be worth checking out.
it's titled A/C glitch
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Thanks I was thinking last night that maybe my evaporator is probably still cold in the mornings, have notice very little water coming out of drain. I'm going to see if there's water in my evaporator when I get home, plus picking up a new thermistor as well.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
Well I picked up the a/c thermistor, installed it yesterday, turned on the a/c this morning....nothing! Still blowing just air. After 30 minutes driving time to work, the a/c finally kicks in. I'm so frustrated.