1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinkers into fog lights?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by climber-420, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    climber-420

climber-420 [OP] I love tight cracks

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 Gold Ext Cab TRD 3.4L V6 Manual
    255/85/16 BFG KM2's, 3" OME lift, Dakar's, Nitrochargers, Grey Wire Mod, ARB Bumper, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, WIts End Pacifier, Warn M8000, Uniden 520 XL CB, rear diff breather mod, full time power to aux 12V outlets, Rago Fab ditch brackets, Titan Rod Vault, Extreme LED's front and rear,
    I saw on a thread earlier that someone had made the cornering lights next to the headlights into blinkers and made the lights on the bottom of the bumper into fog lights. What do I have to do?

2. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I don't think it would be a wise idea seeing how the lens wouldn't be able to take the heat from the fog bulbs and would melt the plastic lens.

3. Jan 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    Converting the corner units to include a relocated blinker is usually called the 'corner blinker mod' or the 'blinker relocation mod'. There are multiple variations on the exact procedure, usually differentiated by what else you end up doing with the original signals.

The OEM signal lamps don't make good fog lamps or driving lamps, because their lenses aren't designed to provide either of the beam patterns those applications require. Unless you swap out the lamp units themselves, the most you'll have will be a couple of marker / parking lamps.

4. Jan 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I converted my parking lights into blinkers & parking lights combo. That's as far as I went .... I had originally wanted to put fog lights where my blinkers were (on my 96) but I never completed the job.

Here's what I did:
    http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mechanical/BlinkerConversion/blinker.html

But yeah....you're better off totally removing the stock blinker lights completely (housing & all) and putting new fog lights into the bumper cutouts where the blinkers used to be.

Products Discussed in

To Top