1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Crank Arm Help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by CarlosinFL, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jul 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    CarlosinFL

CarlosinFL [OP] Mildly-Attractive

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    I had to replace my factory speakers on my 2002 Tacoma Prerunner & sadly I'm not able to get my manual window crank arm back onto the panel. It's secured in my some kind of strange 'U' shaped pin. I used a special screwdriver that had a hook at the tip to fish it from behind the door panel. Now that the panel is back on and the speakers replaced, I'm not sure how in the world I get the pin back in there to secure the crank arm onto the door panel.

Anyone have any tips and or info that would help me get this resolved?

2. Jul 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Roll the windows all the way up so you can match the direction the window crank points side to side.

Put the U shaped clip in the slots in the crank arm tube that sticks out of the back. You basically want to slip it over the tube piecs so that the U open end points towards the handle end of the crank arm. The bumped in section of the open end "prong" should slip into the channel cut out of each side of the tube piece. Hope that makes sense.

You then position the tube piece over the splined pin that sticks out of the door. Make sure the handles match side to side as far as the way they are pointing and then wiggle the handle to ensure the splines on the pin from the door are meshed with the splines inside the handle tube. Once you have done this you just hit your hand on the handle piece that is over the pin and it should flex the U clip open and the handle will slip on and the clip will spring back to hold it in place.

Hope that makes sense. I can maybe take a pic or two if needed if I was not clear.

Cheers

3. Aug 2, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    CarlosinFL

CarlosinFL [OP] Mildly-Attractive

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    Thanks man. I'm going to give this a shot today assuming it's not monsoon raining or Africa hot outside.

If I need more help / pics, I will definitely shout for help!

Thank you!

4. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    No problem, glad to help. Think you'll find it pretty easy to do. If you run into an issue just let me know.

Cheers

Products Discussed in

To Top