Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

UCA...do i really need it with my Wheelers OME

Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
UTTaco93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roy
UTTaco93's Tacoma Gallery
UCA...do i really need it with my Wheelers OME

I haven't yet installed my new 882/rear leaf spring equipment but I was wondering if I needed newer better UCA after or when I install my parts? Got my Wheelers package just last week...

I plan on removing the complete spring/strut and taking it to a local Muffler/Shock place to have them put together my new 882 with my current Billy Strut (yes I'm reusing them). They are just a year old.

My rear spring I'm not sure if I will do them or take them to somebody to install them for me...

Thanks ahead for any feedback
Old 07-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
98% sure you won't need it. You are 1st gen so no need.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
UTTaco93 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roy
UTTaco93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
98% sure you won't need it. You are 1st gen so no need.
That is good to know.... thanks.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
rushr is on a distinguished road
rushr's Tacoma Gallery
I would say most people end up getting aftermarket UCA's to get alignment in spec.

My caster is out of spec but it drives fine and it doesn't affect tire wear. I'll eventually install LR UCA's when I stumble on a good deal.

If you bought the OME Dakars they move your axle forward and you may rub the front of wheel well when stuffed. Get some relocation plates or drill new holes in your perch.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushr View Post
I would say most people end up getting aftermarket UCA's to get alignment in spec.

My caster is out of spec but it drives fine and it doesn't affect tire wear. I'll eventually install LR UCA's when I stumble on a good deal.

If you bought the OME Dakars they move your axle forward and you may rub the front of wheel well when stuffed. Get some relocation plates or drill new holes in your perch.
What is a good deal cause fatbobs has them for $380: http://fatbobsgarage.com/?view=produ...roduct=7194674
Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
What is a good deal cause fatbobs has them for $380: http://fatbobsgarage.com/?view=produ...roduct=7194674

Thats the best price i could find on them. Just ordered them last week and installed. What a difference...truck drives true with minimal steering effort on highway now. But as others said, not nreally necessary...just kind of annoying on long drives when your caster is too low.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
rushr is on a distinguished road
rushr's Tacoma Gallery
When I find some good used ones and they're hard up for cash. It's way down on my list.

Thanks for the link though
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the money to burn, then get them.

I'm running full ome w/882's. I didn't enjoy driving on the freeway at all.

Got some LR UCA and 2.5 caster. One finger driving ftw.