Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where is the AC evaporation drain located?

Old 08-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #22
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
yea rubber is not exactly my forte

here ya go.. not sure how the tube stays into the "port".. you can move it around a lil, its not fixed into place
Thanks man. I can only imagine how much Toyota would charge for that part.

And it seems like with the way mine currently is, it would be prone for a bunch of crap to get into it.

I may have to "take a look under my friend's '02 hood" while he's not looking.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Thanks man. I can only imagine how much Toyota would charge for that part.

And it seems like with the way mine currently is, it would be prone for a bunch of crap to get into it.

I may have to "take a look under my friend's '02 hood" while he's not looking.
just get a brass tube from HD or Lowes and put a nice curve in it. Ram that up in there and put a worm clamp on it.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
So I went to Toyota, just to see what the price was for that part.

Turns out you can't get it. Never could.

He also explained to me that some trucks came with it and some didn't.

If the AC was installed at the factory, you got that 90 degree aluminum piece. If the AC was installed at the dealership as an option, you didn't.

Learn somethin' new every day
Old 08-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #26
grillmaster is on a distinguished road
grillmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
just get a brass tube from HD or Lowes and put a nice curve in it. Ram that up in there and put a worm clamp on it.
I like the idea of a brass tube as opposed to plastic tubing due to heat displacement from the engine and exhaust.

My issue is, I am unable to locate this A/C drain line from under the car. I did see a black 1.5 inch rubber hose sticking horizontally through the firewall.

If somebody could take a picture and place a pointer or finger pointing to where I would insert the brass tube with a worm clamp, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you one an all for these exceptional mod write-ups.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 AM   #27
tomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomwil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmaster View Post
My issue is, I am unable to locate this A/C drain line from under the car. I did see a black 1.5 inch rubber hose sticking horizontally through the firewall.
You have a 2nd gen. See the following thread for pics:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...es-chasis.html