1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 Taco 2.7l and 2009 Chalet

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by cctk2, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jul 31, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    cctk2

cctk2 [OP] GLACIERBIRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    NorCal and Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '68 FJ40, '16 TRD AC OR A/T WHITE
    Accessories: SnugTop Rebel canopy AVS Window Rain Deflectors TACOMA 6' Bed Mat Weathertech Mud Guards (4) Scanguage (re-installed from the '02) Tekonsha Voyager Brake controller (Chalet A frame pop-up.) Vinyl letter insets for tailgate. Garmin CS60 GPS mounting. Other misc décor in the form of decals.
    Just thought Id add a few pics and info on my truck/trailer configuration: Manual 5 speed. I keep the trailer wt under 2200#. Pulls like a dream with the 2.7. Its not uncommon to have to drop it down into 3rd even on the interstate, but no issues doing that. Up in the mountains, a piece of cake.

Gas mileage without the trailer 25mpg keeping it 60+/-. WITH the trailer, same speeds I average 20+. And I monitor everything with a Scanguage II.

The truck came without a trailer package, so I had to have that all set up with brake controller etc.

Questions?

P1010599 - Copy.jpg
    P1010653 - Copy.jpg
    P1010654 - Copy.jpg

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    nathan3306

nathan3306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 DC 4X4
    Sweet setup! Pics inside of the camper please and how do you like that aliner camper?

3. Aug 16, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    cctk2

cctk2 [OP] GLACIERBIRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    NorCal and Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '68 FJ40, '16 TRD AC OR A/T WHITE
    Accessories: SnugTop Rebel canopy AVS Window Rain Deflectors TACOMA 6' Bed Mat Weathertech Mud Guards (4) Scanguage (re-installed from the '02) Tekonsha Voyager Brake controller (Chalet A frame pop-up.) Vinyl letter insets for tailgate. Garmin CS60 GPS mounting. Other misc décor in the form of decals.
    We're very pleased with the trailer. Previous to this we had a Sportz 10x10 tent with boot that would wrap around the back of the truck: truck bed was bedroom, living space was the tent.
    Needed an upgrade. Didnt want to give up the truck so needed the lightest possible configuration, but didnt want a canvas affair. Thats why the hard side A-frame pop-up. Note the hieght of the trailer (folded) is the same as the truck... no wind resistance.
    Unlatch, raise the roof, raise the walls, that takes all of roughly 30 seconds. Ready to put on the coffee, or stretch out and nap. The bed is made up all the time.

But seriously, what Im most pleased about is the towability of this rig with the 2.7 5 speed. Its all about the transmission. I dont think Id want to do this with an A/T.

Products Discussed in

To Top