hello Evreybody

how R U doing Today ??

As you read in the title

I have a Tacoma 1st gen "97

I have a problem in the muffler

So I decided to change it?? But I thought in the sports Muffler

So I bought

Magnaflow muffler 11216

But the problem is ...... Sound annoying (it's very coool and angry), but my neighbors became know when I come (because of the sound) ha ha ha!!! really

Sound level was annoying like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06yq5a_SNog
^ ^ ^ ^
I know that this flowmaster
But has a similar sound (I mean in the level of sound noise)

So The question is, / I want a quiet muffler?? Such as Stoke muffler

What do you think the turbo muffler?? I mean magnaflow XL?? Is it a quiet, such as Stoke

Or advise me what chould I choose .......?

Thank you in advance for help
Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a longer version of that, they make a 20 and i think like a 24"
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
The turbo muffler might be alittle bit quieter but not very much, they just have fiberglass inside them is the major difference I think. I had 2 Summit brand turbo mufflers I sold to a 1999 Tacoma to replace his flowmasters 40 they were too noisy he said. Try looking for a stock muffler not from the dealer but maybe aftermarket retailer like JC Whitney catalog.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Ecnerwal is on a distinguished road
Ecnerwal's Tacoma Gallery
Bosal makes a stock replacement, which can be had dirt cheap. I haven't put mine on yet, but it's physically identical to the stock unit so I expect it to be quiet as stock. None of the stainless exhausts made any claim to be quiet as stock - they were all about loud and annoying in various levels. A "turbo" muffler ain't gonna be quiet...

Couldn't be easier - two flange bolts, two oxygen sensor nuts, three rubber hangers, all prebent and welded. 5 year warranty as well. I'm just waiting on new O2 sensors so I can do it in one fell swoop rather than screw around with moving the old rear sensor, since the rotten stock exhaust is not very loud yet. The front and rear sensors cost more than the new exhaust...

Looks like the 1997 version is even few bucks cheaper than the 2002 version. probably want to check that the double cab will fit, but as far as I recall it's the same wheelbase as the extended cab, so it's probably the same exhaust.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
My dynomax super turbo is almost stock quiet.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Check out some of the related videos from your first link.

The 2.7 sounds like a 2.7. It's not going to sound like a V8.
The LC, Flowmaster, and most other mufflers are going to be similar.

The Jardine sounds, to me, a lot better... it doesn't have that "pissed off go-cart" raspy sound... but it's still a 2.7 4 banger.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
aoooz is on a distinguished road
aoooz's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all OF U Guys

U r the BeSt
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #9
aoooz is on a distinguished road
aoooz's Tacoma Gallery
austinramsay
hay

do U think If I take a longer version like as you told 24" 25" It well Be quite ???!!!! is that possible ???

pippen

hay

ammm Ok where can find it ???

TwzteD

hay

thanks for the video Yes my sound was same your's !!!

steve o 77

hay

do U have a dynomax turbo muffler

could U take a video for UR muffler I wanna hear the sond??? Of cors If can only !!

Rich91710

hay How R u

sir I dont want V8 sound

( By the best V8 sound what I love it the MustaNg GT OO yeeh hahah)

sir just I wanna my car quite like stock (not same but close the level sound Of stock)

and thanks agen for your help
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to look at something like this: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...%26+Drivetrain

Its has pipe on it so you don't need to bend pipe for it, I'm not sure if this is what your looking for or what, but it will get you started. Good luck!

Products Discussed in this Thread