1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jim Mann, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Nov 21, 2006 at 8:14 PM
    Jim Mann

Jim Mann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. Though I am new, I have had a good time communicating back and forth with Themaster, and feel most welcome to this forum. I am almost embarassed to ask, but do the Canadians celebrate a Thanksgiving Holiday ? Seriously, is this just a USA holiday, or do other countries recognize this particular holiday as well ? Do you folks from Canada have , I most of all. As I mentioned in my beginning posts, I am a member of the Honda Shadow website, and many of the main contributors are Canadian, which is good. I am not always aware of the "cultural differences", and tend to take some things for granted. However, my experience from the other website pretty much mirrors my short experience from this website, "it aint about me ". So how about it ? Do our friends from Canada celebrate this holiday, or do you have your own version ?
    I told Themaster that I had made two trips to the Quetico Wilderness, and that I fell in love with your Province. I hope to tour the entire country one day, but from the seat of a Honda, not my Tacoma. Regardless, thanks for the new friendships, and have a happy Thanksgiving day with your families.
    From the heart, Jim Mann

2. Nov 21, 2006 at 9:20 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Ahhh that’s so sweet. I’d give you a hug but it’s frowned upon amongst the Tacoma World community and tcBob might suspend my membership. When I registered I think I saw some fine print about "no-hugging":rolleyes: .

The Canadian Thanksgiving fell on October 9th, 2006 or every 2nd Monday in October which is always a holiday. We look forward to it but sadly millions of turkeys don’t. Do not be embarrassed to ask questions. People who don’t ask questions have chosen to remain dumbo’s for the rest of their life. I believe that England celebrates it too but aptly named the Harvest Festival. I don’t know about the rest of the world.

As far as I know there isn’t much difference culturally between the Yanks ;) and the hockey puck chasing partly frozen Canucks. Canada is largely built on an immigrant population so the culture is diverse and the people are very tolerant of minorities unlike in the US. Please correct me if I’m mistaken. Hope this helps, and you and the rest at TW have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Spare the turkeys and Eat Steak. :D

3. Nov 21, 2006 at 9:28 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Ahhh Thanksgiving. Mmmmmm Turkey, apple pie, beer, and good people to share it with. Oh can't wait. Oh and TheMaster, i registerd before that hugging rule went in place so therefore I am exempt (ha ha) and lastly save a cow eat a beaver!!!!!

Jim thanks for the warm wish!!!

I do hope all get to spend a Happy Thanksgiving (Canuck or not) with your families and friends. Be safe

4. Nov 21, 2006 at 9:43 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hey Banshee, you seem to be posting with a vengeance today. Making up for lot time huh?

By the way, we do eat beavers;) ;) ;) . That goes without saying. It’s the damn cows that are being neglected. So do the right thing.

5. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Merry Christmas.

6. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You are the thread reviver ?

Thankgiving is in October duh .

7. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    No, merely a copycat thread reviver. October? Only if you're from another country. :p

8. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Agreed.

9. Jan 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    Roll Tide

10. Jan 14, 2011 at 10:00 AM