Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

-issue with my side window-

Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
JaimeSR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jaime
JaimeSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation -issue with my side window-

so here is the issue with my side window on my 03 extra cab, I installed a new lock assy on my window because the original was broken off, some one broke into my truck and took a case of cds..lucky that they just snagged that, the lock assy i got was from the toyota dealer but yet it doesn't close completely, it doesnt lock, i talked to one of the workers there about it but they didnt even help, its like they where speaking caveman language lol..so im wondering what exactly my issue is with my window, will gladly post up a few pic's of the window tomorrow morning.

if anyone can give me some info on this would really appreciate it

as you can see my lock assy does not lock completely, and it opens to far out, only way it locks is when its open, and thats an issue i need help on..

Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Ecnerwal is on a distinguished road
Ecnerwal's Tacoma Gallery
Metal part on the cab side may be bent outward from the theft - or if you replaced that part too, it may not be in exactly the right place (or you bent it during install? It's easy to bend, and easy to break bending it back, so be careful.)

Look up xtra cab quarter window latch repair (thread title here) for a better replacement part when the plastic piece breaks again (and it will.) The install instructions for that might give you an idea about how yours has gone wonky.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Laissez les bons temps rouler
tacoma04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
tacoma04's Tacoma Gallery
Did the leg work for you.

Quarter latch repair
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I had a very similar problem, the plastic wish bone did not appear to be cracked but it was and it caused it not to lock. get that metal quarter latch repair and it will work again.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecnerwal View Post
Metal part on the cab side may be bent outward from the theft - or if you replaced that part too, it may not be in exactly the right place (or you bent it during install? It's easy to bend, and easy to break bending it back, so be careful.)

Look up xtra cab quarter window latch repair (thread title here) for a better replacement part when the plastic piece breaks again (and it will.) The install instructions for that might give you an idea about how yours has gone wonky.
thanks alot really, gives me a better way of looking at that issue and how i can repair it..
Old 08-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma04 View Post
Did the leg work for you.

Quarter latch repair

looked up the thread thanks, im goin to order a pair by this sat..
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
I had a very similar problem, the plastic wish bone did not appear to be cracked but it was and it caused it not to lock. get that metal quarter latch repair and it will work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Search that...I bought some metal replacements from a TW member and they work GREAT.
yeah im going to switch that part out hopefully it works thanks guys for the info, i hope to repair it soon, cant stand it when my window opens up while im driving lol..hopefully that part will keep it closed