Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where to buy nerf bars?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
TRD and Vette is on a distinguished road
TRD and Vette's Tacoma Gallery
Where to buy nerf bars?

Need to buy a quality nerf bar set for an 02' Double Cab.

Any recommendations that won't break the bank, but look and function nicely and are an easy install?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for nerf bars or sliders?

Cheaper Sliders here:

http://www.trail-gear.com/trail-armor

Better ones look at the vendor section on here.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
Guy
neegdogdig is a name known to allneegdogdig is a name known to allneegdogdig is a name known to allneegdogdig is a name known to allneegdogdig is a name known to allneegdogdig is a name known to all

neegdogdig's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

the cheapest place to buy is www.truckchamps.com or as my friend
google and he'll tell you more.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for nerf bars only (and don't need slider functionality) consider Smittybilt. The black version is $149.99 shipped from Amazon. $199.99 for stainless steel. Here are the URLs, from Amazon, for your vehicle in both black and stainless:

BLACK - http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-TN1...rds=TN1130-S4B

STAINLESS STEEL - http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-TN1...rds=TN1130-S4S

Here are a few pics of the black pair I installed recently on my '99 access cab:

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
nicostatus is on a distinguished road
Name: Nico
nicostatus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post
If you're looking for nerf bars only (and don't need slider functionality) consider Smittybilt. The black version is $149.99 shipped from Amazon. $199.99 for stainless steel. Here are the URLs, from Amazon, for your vehicle in both black and stainless:

BLACK - http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-TN1...rds=TN1130-S4B

STAINLESS STEEL - http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-TN1...rds=TN1130-S4S

Here are a few pics of the black pair I installed recently on my '99 access cab:

Sorry if this is redundant, but that part # will fit the double cabs? Thanks for the info.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Truck yeah!
Wild Card will become famous soon enough

EMS: Army Vet, now an EMT/Firefighter
Name: Doug
Wild Card's Tacoma Gallery
For about the same price, you can still do the Trail-Gear Sliders. Go look here:

http://www.addictedoffroad.com/index...roducts_id=518

Those are the pre-welded ones, you only need to get them on your truck frame. They'll function just like Nerf-bars, but be much stronger, and give you some protection in a crash (maybe...T-boning).

Or, if you want to go a little cheaper:

http://www.addictedoffroad.com/index...roducts_id=516

These ones will need to be welded together, but are still functionally the same as the set above, a little cheaper, cheaper shipping, but you need to weld them up.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
brianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianpdx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianpdx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicostatus View Post
Sorry if this is redundant, but that part # will fit the double cabs? Thanks for the info.
The links I provided are Smittybilt's part #s for the '02-04 double cab, yes.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
TRD and Vette is on a distinguished road
TRD and Vette's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses guys. I ordered some Steelcraft 3" black powder coated bars last night for my kids Double Cab. Asked him if he wanted chrome or black, and he wanted the black like what I've done to my Vette.

Ordered these from Autoanything based on over 600 reviews that said they were an easy install and everyone seemed to like them. We'll see..............

Old 08-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
pugdaddy2576 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Brad
pugdaddy2576's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine off of ebay. I don't remember how much I paid but it was a pretty easy install.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
Keep us posted, I'd love to see pics. Planning on ordering nerf bars and a bullbar eventually.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Here are my N-Fab step bars. Personally I think these are the best looking aftermarket bars out...

Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Here are my N-Fab step bars. Personally I think these are the best looking aftermarket bars out...

Oh wow, I really love those, any links for purchase and close up pics? Ease of installation? Looks fantastic.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicostatus View Post
Oh wow, I really love those, any links for purchase and close up pics? Ease of installation? Looks fantastic.

Thanks! Here is the only close-up pic I have, ignore the red dots that was for a tutorial I did lol.. Installation is not hard by any means, but it helps (physically) to have a second person to help you support them while you bolt them up. Or you can also use a jack stand to hold them up. They bolt on with basic hand tools, about 30-45 mins to install. They are pricey though $$$. I think they run around $400+ last time I checked.

Products Discussed in this Thread