Flowmaster 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
thoy808 will become famous soon enoughthoy808 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 291 CBCS
Name: Taylor
thoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Mangnaflow vs. Flowmaster

Getting a new muffler for my 3.4, but Im undecided between Magnaflow or Flowmaster, any advice? All opinions welcomed!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Use the search function, probably dozens of these threads already in existence, I bet you'll get some good info there.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster FTW! I've had flowmaster mufflers on 3 Toyota trucks and love the sound coming out the tail pipe!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
thoy808 will become famous soon enoughthoy808 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 291 CBCS
Name: Taylor
thoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
Flowmaster FTW! I've had flowmaster mufflers on 3 Toyota trucks and love the sound coming out the tail pipe!
Which models were you running on your trucks?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow.
Flowmaster baffles tend to choke engines. They sound nice, but rob power.

a friend of mine running a super 44 and a K&N "cold air" intake gets worse mileage than me on smaller AT tires, while I'm lifted on mud terrains
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Magnaflow.
Flowmaster baffles tend to choke engines. They sound nice, but rob power.

a friend of mine running a super 44 and a K&N "cold air" intake gets worse mileage than me on smaller AT tires, while I'm lifted on mud terrains
no need power for the mall parking lots
Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoy808 View Post
Which models were you running on your trucks?
'88 3.0V6 pickup, '05 and '08 4.0V6............I never noticed a drop in power or mpg's. I had have a local do it for me since they specialize in custom exhaust so everything was welded nice and clean, not sure if that makes a difference
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I've always like Magnaflow better, sounds better performs better IMO.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
'88 3.0V6 pickup, '05 and '08 4.0V6............I never noticed a drop in power or mpg's. I had have a local do it for me since they specialize in custom exhaust so everything was welded nice and clean, not sure if that makes a difference
what flowmaster series were u running?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
what flowmaster series were u running?
40 series, sry didn't read ur post right haha
Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
Truck yeah!
Wild Card will become famous soon enough

EMS: Army Vet, now an EMT/Firefighter
Name: Doug
Wild Card's Tacoma Gallery
I bet those were fun to clean afterwards!

Honestly, that's a great, moderate yet beefy sound coming out of that Taco. Props!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have the flowmaster 40. it sounds alrite but idk kinda want something louder. thinking of a magnaflow but idk what the loudest one they have is
Old 08-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
louder then a 44?...

could get a 10 series..

or just a tiny ass Magnaflow..
its the 40... idk it just sounded better when i first got it. seems like its gone quieter since. a deeper tone would be nice too
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Truck yeah!
Wild Card will become famous soon enough

EMS: Army Vet, now an EMT/Firefighter
Name: Doug
Wild Card's Tacoma Gallery
Straight pipe...? That's always louder. And ricier. But louder.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what you want it to sound like when you rob your engine of horsepower.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #20

haha no straight pipe. just wanting a deeper sound