1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel spacers for 1998 Tacoma with 255/85R16 on 2nd generation rims?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Killer, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Killer

Killer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    My son saved up his money all summer for a lift on his truck and tires.

I bought him some rims off a 2010 Trd 4x4 Tacoma. His truck is a 1998 Trd 4x4 Tacoma. I choose the 255/85R16 for the narrow tire. We also put a 4" lift on it 2.5" bilsteins with 1.5" spacer on top of the coils. Wheeler spring packs in the rear.

Today he went to the tire store to mount the new rims and tires. They couldn't align it because it was hitting the upper control arms.

Does anyone know how big of spacers, I should get? I want to get whatever type that is safest and easiest to install. Also should I get spacers for the rear, if I have to get wide spacers for the front?

Btw, I haven't seen the truck because he is at his mom's house. He said he thought he only needed a 1/4 inch. But, I don't know?

Thanks for your help!

2. Aug 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    I ran into a similar problem when upgrading to LT265/75/16's mounted on '09 TRD OR wheels for my '02 Tacoma.:wink:

My 3/4"-1" UCA space is now 1/2" at best and after doing some looong searches here and on other Toyota forums I chose to purchase .75" spacers from Bora ; www.motorsport-tech.com/

Your best bet is to call direct and talk to Lenny 1-775-351-1000...tell him what you want to do and MENTION TW ;).....If you dare mention this conversation too :cool:....

Good people to deal with and not afraid of any questions...

I did only order 2 for the front and will see how that looks before jumping to all 4...

Products Discussed in

To Top