1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

looking to give my tacoma a lift need help.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mtxsub, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Sep 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    mtxsub

mtxsub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    sound system led lights
    Hey I am looking for the cheapest lift solution available for a 2003 double cab prerunner only looking to go up 2in or so.

2. Sep 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    superswamper003

superswamper003 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hendrik
    N. Snottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    1998 4wd TRD 3.4l Tacoma Xcab 313k miles!!!
    Fox Xtended travel coilovers w/resis, AllPro UCA's, AllPro 3 inch leaflets, 1" Diff Drop, 285/75/16 Bfg KO, 16x8 Black Pro Comp Steelies, AP 1.25" wheel spacers in front, 8 inch Rockford Fosgate sub that bumps like your mother, old school deck, downey headers, cold air intake, grey wire mod, e-locker, hurst shift knob, LED Strips, USMC Decals FTMFW, Fox decal, Billet grille, Alarm with no remote, Straight piped to the side of the truck
    The cheapest lift would be to go with a spacer lift which is complete crap... But as everyone on this site would agree, you should just invest in a bilstein 5100 and eibach coil setup which isnt too expensive (its around $350) Check out toyteclifts.com and check out what they have. The reason the spacer lift is highly discouraged is because the spacer stiffens the ride of your truck by pre loading the front strut assembly. Good luck and hope this helps!

3. Sep 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    for 2''..id go with either 5100s set at the 2.5'' setting, or get some OME 881 or 882 coils.

Cheap and lift..don't go together tho.

So really, do some more research and figure out your needs for the truck and what you really want.

4. Sep 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    mtxsub

mtxsub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    sound system led lights
    thanks i have another tacoma in the family and we used the spacer option above the spring cheap and is not lifted to much for mom to say she cant get into the truck. thats also a issue i have my parents drive my truck from time to time so i think the spacers are comeing my way.

Products Discussed in

To Top