1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ANYBODY HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ORDERING HEADLIGHTS FROM AMAZON

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 99tacoprerunner, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Sep 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    99tacoprerunner

99tacoprerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    oscar
    rohnert park ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner
    Well I bought some anzo crystal headlights off of Amazon and when I finally got my package..there was only one headlight in the box and the description of the lights says sold in pairs. Well I tried to get this fixed but when I got a replacement package there was still only one headlight in the box. Well I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them.

2. Sep 4, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Not ordered any sorry. Have ordered from Amazon though. They are pretty quick to take care of issues. Bit of a tough spot though as the best the operative can do is probably send you another after you send yours back so a vicious cycle. What reviews are the lights getting?

Sometimes see in reviews where others have had similar issue and what they had to do to resolve it.

Only issues I've really ever had is with the non Amazon suppliers on there. Vendors selling through Amazon's site and shipping themselves. That has only been really slow delivery though.

Perhaps there is a way to move the issue up to a supervisor? If Amazon is supplying then they need to get either their listing fixed, supplier fixed or picking proceedure at the warehouse fixed. Either way perhaps they could over ride the system to get you two lights.

Do you have a link to the exact ones you purchased? Might help with others who may have bought the same or be considering.

3. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    No problem with my pair of Depos from Westcoastcovers (on Amazon).

I admit that I was a bit nervous because the Depo brand was available from a number of vendors (I only wanted Depo), and only one vendor showed an image of a pair... the rest showed single housings.
    I compared part numbers and prices and placed my order, received two.

The Westcoastcovers housings were right in the middle of the price range once shipping was added, at $160.
    The company that showed a pair was closer to $220, and I almost went with them.
    The companies that indicated "Left" or "Right" with a matching part number were around $90-$110 shipped.

4. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    I just ordered a pair of Depo corner lights for dirt cheap.

At least they were advertised as Depo. Never heard of the brand. Any good?

5. Sep 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Amazon usually has great customer service. Thats tough waiting on your order then it wrong.

6. Sep 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Depo is one of the better aftermarket manufacturers.
    When you order from a supplier that normally supplies body shops, you'll usually get Depo parts.

I put a set of Spyders on my wife's Rav4 and the cutoff is horrible (with halogens!).

7. Sep 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    99tacoprerunner

99tacoprerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    oscar
    rohnert park ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner
    After they sent me the replacement and when I saw that it was only one headlight I just immediately thought that I wouldn't deal with it again so I just sent it back and get my money back. I think I'm just going to order some from CARID. Anybody have any experience ordering stuff from that site.

Products Discussed in

To Top