Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gen Bruteforce Fab Hybrid Bumper Build (LOTS of PICS!!!)

Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #41
Grousehunter 12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ted
Grousehunter 12's Tacoma Gallery
Air bags work ?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
"Toyota Mafia" MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS
ironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billy
ironman44bear's Tacoma Gallery
Air bags work off of motion sensors that are in the frame, has nothing to do with the bumper thats on the truck. So yes they will still work
Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman44bear View Post
Air bags work off of motion sensors that are in the frame, has nothing to do with the bumper thats on the truck. So yes they will still work
THANKS ! I notice that some companies state that their bumpers are airbag compliant and their prices seems to indicate that not all are . Guess that why it's called marketing.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #44
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa subd! Got a ballpark price?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #45
Any plans for a 1st. generation plate bumper ? I would like the factory turn signals and cut-outs for 4" fogs. I have no use for a winch , fine if box and openings are there . Center bar for grill protection.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #46
ironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzorizo View Post
Whoa subd! Got a ballpark price?
Base price will be 645.00 and tho add the hoop w/ side supports is 105.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grousehunter 12 View Post
Any plans for a 1st. generation plate bumper ? I would like the factory turn signals and cut-outs for 4" fogs. I have no use for a winch , fine if box and openings are there . Center bar for grill protection.
Yep, but it will be awhile on the plate bumper...I'm burried ass deep to a tall giraffe right now with 2nd gen orders. I'm not sure if I can fit factory turn signals and 4" fogs in there..prolly gonna have to be one or the other
Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #47
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Base price will be 645.00 and tho add the hoop w/ side supports is 105.00

Yep, but it will be awhile on the plate bumper...I'm burried ass deep to a tall giraffe right now with 2nd gen orders. I'm not sure if I can fit factory turn signals and 4" fogs in there..prolly gonna have to be one or the other
free shipping and I'll rep the shit out of your bumper in hawaii....

why cant I piss money?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
free shipping and I'll rep the shit out of your bumper in hawaii....

why cant I piss money?
If my pockets were linned with green stuff I would bro but there is just lint from the dryer in there... OOOOHHH....and a quarter..The shipping will cost as much as the bumper..lol
Old 09-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #49
Quote:

How about a small plug n play LED turn signal and 4" fogs ?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #50
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
what would the turn out time be for building the hybrid bumper because id pay the 750 but i dont wanna have to wait 6 months or longer to get it like people had to do with elite fab.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #51
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
that bumper is a beauty! i was sold on an allpro but the brute is just sexy af
Old 09-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #52
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If my pockets were linned with green stuff I would bro but there is just lint from the dryer in there... OOOOHHH....and a quarter..The shipping will cost as much as the bumper..lol
Old 09-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #53
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
what would the turn out time be for building the hybrid bumper because id pay the 750 but i dont wanna have to wait 6 months or longer to get it like people had to do with elite fab.
we might could go in on shared shipping?
make it cheaper
Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #54
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
for the 1st gen love. Glad to see more guys making stuff for us. Oh, and the bumper looks good too.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grousehunter 12 View Post
How about a small plug n play LED turn signal and 4" fogs ?
That would prolly work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
An honest estimate is 7-8 weeks right now before it'd ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpjumper509 View Post
that bumper is a beauty! i was sold on an allpro but the brute is just sexy af
Thanks man

Quote:
lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
for the 1st gen love. Glad to see more guys making stuff for us. Oh, and the bumper looks good too.
Haha..thanks man
Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #57
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Quote:
Kona just buy a bumper already and forget a out shipping! Does anybody on the island fab stuff??
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #58
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
yea shippin would be horrid anywhere i bet. any chance your shop is close to the 509? haha
Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Kona just buy a bumper already and forget a out shipping! Does anybody on the island fab stuff??
Nope. Everything people run here is either a one-of garage creation, or they paid with a kidney to have it shipped here.

but anyways, sexy bumper!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #60
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Very good looking product. But I have some questions... Now i've never built anything and I cant weld, and i have no idea how other tube bumpers are built... but i am a natural skeptic (it's a disease). From the pictures I see thin sheets of steel tacked together as a rectangular box and mounted to the ends of the frame rails/chassis, and then steel tube welded to that sheet box. Am I missing something here? Do the tubes mount to the chassis too? Am I wrong about them being tacked to the side of the box, and they actually run through the box as one solid unit? Wouldn't that empty box be pretty vulnerable to collapsing in on itself if you hit anything of modest strength? If anything hits the far end of the tubing, like out at the fender, wouldn't it just rip the side of the box open, pushing the bumper into the truck without any real resistance?

Looking forward to being proven wrong and seeing the error of my judgement.