Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Daytime Running Light Question

Old 01-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
xljdmtacomalx is on a distinguished road
xljdmtacomalx's Tacoma Gallery
Daytime Running Light Question

Hi. I have an 03' SR5 Tacoma Pre-Runner and I was wondering If I could turn off the Daytime Running Light function. I am running HID's and everytime I run with the Daytime Running Light, it flickers until I turn on the headlights and they stay on constant. thanks.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
Darth Maul
MurderedComa has a spectacular aura aboutMurderedComa has a spectacular aura aboutMurderedComa has a spectacular aura about
MurderedComa's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed some HID's on my DubCab last week and had the same problem. I just did a search and found this thread. Follow instructions and you should be in business. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...ing+lights+off
Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
dude just run a toggle to the controls of the light or on the circuit. do it like a set of aux lights. just run some line im sure if you can set up HID's you can run some wires and a switch.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
xljdmtacomalx is on a distinguished road
xljdmtacomalx's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. I actually found another way to run the HIDs with no problem. Since, the parking brakes activate the DRL's, I managed to move the parking brake to a certain place where I could drive with the parking brake on. Just the only problem is the parking light will always be on haha.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Back when I had an 03 Corolla I was on a forum for 9th gen Corollas. There was a mod they called the "parking brake mod". Had to do with grounding out the wire from the parking brake lever that signals the dash light to say it's on.

That forum got hacked and is long dead, but maybe a google search for "parking brake mod" will turn something up.