LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

water/methonal injection anyone?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Not a 1st gen but this guy: http://www.yotatech.com/f2/texas_ace...-power-222044/
Old 09-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
shelshelly90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sheldon
shelshelly90's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a 2nd generation supercharger with a devils own progressive kit. prob the best mod ive ever done besides the supercharger itself. what are you trying to do just lower intake temps? or increase octane? get rid of pinging?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think the 1st gen TRD supercharger warrants this.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
I've seen these kits on N/A engines. Heat is the enemy of power, reduce heat = more power. How is it non beneficial?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelshelly90 View Post
ive got a 2nd generation supercharger with a devils own progressive kit. prob the best mod ive ever done besides the supercharger itself. what are you trying to do just lower intake temps? or increase octane? get rid of pinging?
Looking to lower intake temp and increase octane I have no issues with pinging.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The Trd 1st gen s/c won't be harmed by an injection system it would help because the s/c creats hotter intake temps with no way to cool it before entering the cylinders so having a way to cool the air even before it goes Into the s/c should help greatly.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelshelly90 View Post
Do you have any pics of your setup and does that kit come with a resivor as well?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
The Trd 1st gen s/c won't be harmed by an injection system it would help because the s/c creats hotter intake temps with no way to cool it before entering the cylinders so having a way to cool the air even before it goes Into the s/c should help greatly.
I thought that was what the 7th Injector did
Old 09-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #11

Quote:
I thought that was what the 7th Injector did
The results aren't as great with the urd 7th injector according to Texas ace he remove his completely and went with just the injection system.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #12
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of people used to run the Aquamist systems back in the day. Gadget at URD has played around with just about all of the setups.

They also uses to sell a throttle plate that would accept the water jet.

It can lower intake temps a good bit, but dont go to agressive on the tune and the dosing rate.

I would give Gadget a ring and get his opinion. He knows his stuff better than anyone I know when it comes to make that first gen S/C run like it was supposed too

I ran the supergrip pulley ( 9 lb) and the URD fuel kit on my 99 with TRD headers and a full exhaust and it make great power with no detonation. I never needed water/meth

Justin
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #13
shelshelly90 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sheldon
shelshelly90's Tacoma Gallery
The devils own kit doesn't come with a reservoir, but they have ants on their website that you can purchase. I have some pictures I will upload when I get on my laptop later today. But there is some pictures on their website of a Tacoma install of one of their kits. Here is the link.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/
Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
Alot of people used to run the Aquamist systems back in the day. Gadget at URD has played around with just about all of the setups.

They also uses to sell a throttle plate that would accept the water jet.

It can lower intake temps a good bit, but dont go to agressive on the tune and the dosing rate.

I would give Gadget a ring and get his opinion. He knows his stuff better than anyone I know when it comes to make that first gen S/C run like it was supposed too

I ran the supergrip pulley ( 9 lb) and the URD fuel kit on my 99 with TRD headers and a full exhaust and it make great power with no detonation. I never needed water/meth

Justin
I PM'ed Gadget about weather I should go with the fuel system upgrade or the 7th injector and his take was the 7th injector was prefered due to the fact that it has a similar effect as the water/methonal injection systems. It not only had an intercooling effect, but it helps seel the rotors for a bit better boost. Though my gut still says to get the fuel system upgrade .
Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #15

Quote:
I PM'ed Gadget about weather I should go with the fuel system upgrade or the 7th injector and his take was the 7th injector was prefered due to the fact that it has a similar effect as the water/methonal injection systems. It not only had an intercooling effect, but it helps seel the rotors for a bit better boost. Though my gut still says to get the fuel system upgrade .
What is the fuel system upgrade your talking about?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #16
Wait for it...

This one:

http://www.urdusa.com/p1230100017/UR...3ifh5fs4u50787

They basically replace the stock injectors with high flow injectors.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
This one:

http://www.urdusa.com/p1230100017/UR...3ifh5fs4u50787

They basically replace the stock injectors with high flow injectors.

and also the stock injectors are garbage dont know why anyone woud wanna keep those when going forced induction.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
Wait for it...

I agree but URD recomends the 7th injector with stock injectors . Apparently the fuel upgrade kit was only developed for the EGR trucks (7th injector uses the EGR port on the supercharger)

If you want more power, I would talk with URD and see about getting onboard with their Rotrex supercharger kit they are developing for the 5VZ.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
diesel mechanic
lunch box is on a distinguished road

lunch box's Tacoma Gallery
I run a 2nd gen supercharger and a snow performance stage 3 water methanol kit also have the trd 7th injector first I used the supercharger but suffered from pinging then added the 7th injector kit but had to bring back timing to get rid of ping which robbed allot of power with the snow kit I keep all my timing and still inject some fuel with the 7th kit it creates allot of power with no ping whatsoever, im still tuning the fuel trims and adjsuting methanol injection, if I had to do it again i wouldnt have used the 7th maybe the larger injectors work better, dont know for sure but I think it would have a smoother rpm torque range, but so far its working great.

Products Discussed in this Thread