Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Overload leaf

Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Overload leaf

Hello forum,
I have an '08 Prerunner 4.0 DCSB. I bought a set of 2/1 leaves off of a forum member (with less than 10,000 miles on them, off of a '11 or '12 Tacoma) since mine are shot even though they are being helped by the Hellwig EZ 990 model 981 that I installed on them. I also have the wheelers 3 leaf AAL which I plan to install on the 2/1 leaf pack and then install the whole thing on the truck. I read that if I leave the Overload leaf on it will raise the rear 2"'s. I don't want it to be so high but I want the overload leaf on because I do carry about 600lbs about once a week.

Can I remove one of the leafs on the 3 leaf AAL? Or another idea. Can I run the 2/1 leaf pack that I bought, add an extra Overload leaf from the old pack, & my Hellwigs? The good thing about the Hellwig is that I can adjust them for ride height. Any ideas or input on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to post this in 2nd gen (2005+) or the suspension thread to get better input. A mod can move the thread for you. Just go to Site Info and Admins/Mods to PM one.