Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New (to me) 04 DC Tacoma! What first?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Razorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Captain
Name: Andrew
Razorback's Tacoma Gallery
New (to me) 04 DC Tacoma! What first?

What's up guys,

I've been reading this forum for the past year or so, and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2004 Tacoma DC, TRD Off-Road 4x4. I found it on Autotrader and it only has 41,000 miles on it, so I couldn't pass it up. Right now I'm trying to decide what to do to it first. I'd be lying if I said I was into off-loading, but I do a lot of camping so I'd like to get a couple more inches of clearance. I'm thinking about putting on the Bilstein 5100s set at 1" just to level it out. Also, what's the consensus on the Nerf Bars and window shade things (not really sure what they're called)? Should they stay or go? Pictures below!
Attached Thumbnails
New (to me) 04 DC Tacoma!  What first?-04taco2.jpg   New (to me) 04 DC Tacoma!  What first?-04tacom.jpg  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Window shades (vent visors) =

Nerf bars =

Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
WoW, very nice truck! Great find!

Nerf bars go before offroading and weather strips stay (in channel are good 2 go).

Start here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ful-links.html

Good luck!

Edit, Damn you beat me too it . Guess Im not the only guy stuck at a slow office on a Friday afternoon...
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
What's up guys,

I've been reading this forum for the past year or so, and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2004 Tacoma DC, TRD Off-Road 4x4. I found it on Autotrader and it only has 41,000 miles on it, so I couldn't pass it up. Right now I'm trying to decide what to do to it first. I'd be lying if I said I was into off-loading, but I do a lot of camping so I'd like to get a couple more inches of clearance. I'm thinking about putting on the Bilstein 5100s set at 1" just to level it out. Also, what's the consensus on the Nerf Bars and window shade things (not really sure what they're called)? Should they stay or go? Pictures below!
Nice truck buddy!! Welcome to the Impulsel Red Club

Feel free to check any of the work I've done on my rig to give you an idea of what you can do to yours and how much money you can blow. LookAlike! Enjoy Your Taco!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
X2 ditch the nerf bars, you may want to also look into the ome lift kit from wheelers off-road if you want a little more clearance, but 5100's are great as well too cant beat the price. Hit up Down south motorsports if your looking for 5100's
Old 09-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

post your rig on here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...arl-tacos.html
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
Razorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the replies, stoked to have found this one. J88, what kind of exhaust do you have, and was it difficult to install? Looks sick!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's up guys,

currently looking at different tacos now, mind if i ask how much you got this one for with only 41k miles?

Oh and Uhh. Sweet truck btw. IMO if your not goin off roadin keep the need bars. They look good.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma22 View Post
currently looking at different tacos now, mind if i ask how much you got this one for with only 41k miles?

PM the OP.

Welcome that's a nice looking truck (esp. the color). I'd loose the Nerf bars and tint the front windows to match the rear.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Nice grab, congrats.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
Joemomma, paid 18,100 for it; dealership was asking for 19,995. Tint goes on Monday, looking at getting OME 880 front coils and 5100s all around...so it begins.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, stoked to have found this one. J88, what kind of exhaust do you have, and was it difficult to install? Looks sick!
Hey Razor,

The muffler is a Custom Shorty Flowmaster 40.
I have 2.5" pipe single inlet with dual 2.5" pipe outlet, those turn out with 3" ovalled tips and the entire exhaust is painted matt black.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #13
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s at 1" really help get rid of the stink bug stance, but don't give a harsh ride..... a little firmer, but not harsh.
The nerf bars are not the best option for off-roading, but if you have any short people in your life (wife, kids), then they can be helpful.