1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger Mirror Freaking out

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Rhino, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Sep 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    Rhino

Rhino [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD SR5 4x4
    gray wire mod, blacked out, debadged, toolbox foglights, cb in dash, system, bilstein 5100's in front wrapped in eibach coils, 5125's in the rear with 2 inch aal and 1 inch shackle, diff drop kit, extended rear brake line, 8000 lb smittybuilt winch on a custom winch bumper, 2 4 inch 100 watt kc's and 2 6 inch 100 watt kc's on the bumper, sometimes a ladder rack,much more to come
    So i just changed out my passenger mirror, simplest task ever right? 3 bolts, unplug it, plug in the new one, and tighten bolts, easy as pie, well i done this and when i turned my truck back on, neither of my power mirrors work, my radio doesnt work, half my dash lights dont work, one power outlet doesnt work, and the lights in the passenger door dont work, i checked every fuse in the truck that i know exists and all of them are good and as far as i can tell none of my wires are exposed or anything of that nature, does anyone know whats wrong with this?

2. Sep 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Rhino

Rhino [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD SR5 4x4
    gray wire mod, blacked out, debadged, toolbox foglights, cb in dash, system, bilstein 5100's in front wrapped in eibach coils, 5125's in the rear with 2 inch aal and 1 inch shackle, diff drop kit, extended rear brake line, 8000 lb smittybuilt winch on a custom winch bumper, 2 4 inch 100 watt kc's and 2 6 inch 100 watt kc's on the bumper, sometimes a ladder rack,much more to come
    found out the problem, it was dark outside and one of the fuses was blown right down near the bottom left corner where i could barely see it, replaced it and everythings all good now

3. Sep 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    yota04

yota04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4
    Leveling kit, all the plastic, UWS tool box! Don't plan to lift want it to be able to drive daily and work the woods as well!!
    Yeah sometimes its the simple stuff that gets u!! next time disconnect the battery before doing any electrical...resetting the radio cant be all that bad!!

4. Sep 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Glad you got that taken care of, lol. I hate when simple crap like that happens.

5. Sep 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    Rebel Taco Man

Rebel Taco Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2002 Manual TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilsteins front and rear, Eibachs up front, 2" Toytec AAL in rear, Diff Drop, Grey Wire Mod
    wow... my heart would have dropped, or my stomach woulda been in my throat one... but when you undo the battery cable, you also lose your trip meters...

Products Discussed in

To Top