Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The 95-97 Taco Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #1221
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldtriangle View Post
Thanks for your suggestion! I do look forward to hearing more from others too. Is that what you have? If so....did you notice a change in gas mileage or rubbing? Lol I hate to ask all of these stupid questions..Would a lift be required to have 34s?

I can't remember if I didn't mention it or had a typo or something but the stock wheels on it now are 16's. Im still not 100% on anything, so always open to suggestion.
No I have a wider tire. But my brother has them. He has to do the pinch weld mod that's it. And his tires are like 34 and 1/2" tall filled up.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #1222
emeraldtriangle is on a distinguished road
emeraldtriangle's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.
And thanks for the lil chart moose. Also, good to know about the MPG.
15 sounds like what I will be doing. Still not 100% on the size of tire I want but that isn't really rocket science. My main point is that I want a new look, so I wont be keeping these wheels on it. Id probably sell them on CL, or just save them incase something happens. Ive been known to pop tires from time to time
I want wider wheels/tires, but not sure that that will happen.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #1223
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys.
15 sounds like what I will be doing. Still not 100% on the size of tire I want but that isn't really rocket science. My main point is that I want a new look, so I wont be keeping these wheels on it. Id probably sell them on CL, or just save them incase something happens. Ive been known to pop tires from time to time
The way my truck is set up its wide and I love the way it looks. I would go wit 33/12.5/15 but that's just me. Keepn a couple spare tires isn't a bad idea I got 3 spares
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #1224
emeraldtriangle is on a distinguished road
emeraldtriangle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
The way my truck is set up its wide and I love the way it looks. I would go wit 33/12.5/15 but that's just me. Keepn a couple spare tires isn't a bad idea I got 3 spares
I looked at your photos..are those the same wheels/tires on it?? It looks pretty good. That is actually sort of the style of wheel I think I want..But more holes. Oh great that just sounds dirty.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #1225
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I looked at your photos..are those the same wheels/tires on it?? It looks pretty good. That is actually sort of the style of wheel I think I want..But more holes. Oh great that just sounds dirty.
The tires on the truck are Yokohama geolanders at. My spare tires are buckshots. They were what was on the truck when I got the Yokohama i just kept the best 2 for spares and already had a spare tire underneath
Old 03-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #1226
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys.
My suggestion is to do as you are, and do a lot of research. There are a lot of tire and wheel combinations that you can do. MOST of the trucks that run 33 inch tires need to have a lift to fit them. It also depends on things such as are you using this to mall-crawl, or will you be doing any serious off-roading? As your vehicle travels off-axis the tires get stuffed into the wheel well areas, increasing the risk of rubbing/making contact. There are a bunch of threads that talk about tire size that you will find helpful if your search. My suggestion is be cautious about wheel spacers, and large off-set numbers. These can stress your wheel bearings, and the Tacoma tends to be weak in that area.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #1228
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #1229
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
Bump. I may go to 35s.
Nice

It has been forever since someones posted in here.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #1230
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Nice

It has been forever since someones posted in here.
Lol. Ya one whole month.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #1232
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davtopgun View Post
I has 35's.

Fuhhhhhhhhhhhhk! Side view?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1233
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I has 35's.

Beautiful
Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #1235
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude! How much lift do you have?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #1236
FanaticalKilla is on a distinguished road
Name: Trevor
FanaticalKilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
I'm going to go with the answer. Lots!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #1237
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats pretty badass
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #1238
flash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Alex
flash9588's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should write up a build thread and call it the MAD MAX build...just because the truck reminds me of mad max.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #1239
All go, No show
Davtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavtopgun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Davtopgun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
Enough to satisfy my needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Thats pretty badass
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash9588 View Post
You should write up a build thread and call it the MAD MAX build...just because the truck reminds me of mad max.
I've considered this very idea. I even tried to get mad max on a lisense plate, but it was already taken.

Problem with making a build thread at this point, is that I'm so far into it that it would take an entire day to write it all out and post pics and videos.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1240
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys use for your diagnostic plug, I was hoping that on my 95.5 that the obd 2 would work, but no.

Trying to check my check engine light.

Products Discussed in this Thread