1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

97 Tacoma Center Console Lid Broken Plastic Hinge

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by semper taco, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Sep 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    semper taco

semper taco [OP] New Member

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma4x4 dlxextcab
    por15
    Greetings all,
    Has anyone done a cheap fix to repair the hinge on their center console? With it being plastic would I be forced to buy OEM if still available?
    TIA

2. Sep 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Not done any modified fit on mine, but dealer wise, if it is the actual hinge I believe that has to be bought as part of the lid. Let me look a minute here.

Just in from looking at mine to confirm. You have the lid with the hinge piece, the two stop rails and the latch. The lid comes with the hinge. Looking online looks like $41 or so plus ship for gen. I've not tried to order one of those, but did order the pivot rails and the latch which were readily available when I ordered them.

Looking at the parts list diagram looks like ordering the lid will give you the rails, latch and lid with hinge on it. Maybe not such a hugely bad deal.

Here is the parts list for your truck if you don't have it:
    http://www.customtacos.com/tech/files/95-2000_parts_list.pdf

Lots of others out there, but I've ordered a lot of factory stuff from here:
    http://parts.tituswilltoyota.com/oempartscat.html

I tend to look up the numbers I want on the parts list and then plug them in on the part number search on the first page of the site.

When I order I give them the vin etc. and ask them to double check the numbers for me. Just weigh the price against local to see where you come out. I tend to order a few things and come out at a pretty good discount from the full price local parts counter.

Hope that helps a bit at least. I know no mod info, but at least gives you info on options.
    Cheers

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM
    marsh97

marsh97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Grass Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    1997 4x4
    Toytec 3" lift
    You have a center console? Lol

4. Oct 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    marsh97

marsh97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marshall
    Grass Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    1997 4x4
    Toytec 3" lift
    My bad I was reading the ops post

5. Oct 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Looks blue/grey. Looking online, the factory Toyota lid assembly which, by the picture at least, shows to include the hinge portion in the rear, the two stopper arms and the front latch shows to be only $37.68 plus ship. Regular dealer list is $52.24 part number 58905-35040-B1

Just the front latch if bought individually has a list of $9.42 and sell price of $6.80 plus ship.

The stopper arms show to be: list $4.42 and online $3.19 each. Different number for L & R. Right 58964-16010, Left 58965-16010

These numbers are for a 1998-2000

You can order online, but with the ship on this small of an item you probably would want to order other items to spread the ship costs. Filters and misc pieces. Otherwise, you have the list prices listed above also, if you go local. Best bargain is the lid assembly by the look of it, but then if you can get by with just a latch and stopper arm then that is pretty cheap.

Same factory parts list for yours as I posted the link previous for. Worth downloading.

Prices quoted are straight from the same place I linked to before also. Buy most of my factory stuff there as local dealer does not seem receptive to selling anything if it is not straight list price. So, I just put a decent order together for misc stuff I need and order it.

Products Discussed in

To Top