1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanted: Grey Tacoma 60/40 seats

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jolie_4, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Sep 27, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    jolie_4

jolie_4 [OP] Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma Sport
    2 inch lift, chrome mirrors and doors, chrome nerf bars, chrome bull bar, rocker panels, chrome base grill (instead of white), 265/70/17 Toyo M/T, rain visors, chrome and black rims
    I'm looking for a set of 60/40 seats for my 96 Toyota Tacoma, the grey one's. I want to replace the standard bench seat that it has. Prefer one in fairly good shape with out any tears. Not sure if it's even worth it on here, would have to see how much the shipping is but thought I would give it a shot. I'm having trouble finding any in the local junk yards. Thanks

2. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    Black Stallion

Black Stallion over-worked & under-paid

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Western Washington
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD SPORT Access Cab 4x4
    No mechanical mods. Minor convience and useability tweaks.
    Still looking for the 60/40's? I've got a nice set and live in wa state.

Paul

3. Oct 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    jolie_4

jolie_4 [OP] Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma Sport
    2 inch lift, chrome mirrors and doors, chrome nerf bars, chrome bull bar, rocker panels, chrome base grill (instead of white), 265/70/17 Toyo M/T, rain visors, chrome and black rims
    Do you by chance have pictures of the seats? Any idea how much shipping would be? I live in Oregon. I got a pair of bucket seats and put them in so not sure I really need them, although i really would prefer the 60/40 instead. Thanks

4. Oct 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Black Stallion

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Western Washington
    Vehicle:
    OK, here's the deal...these are gen I seats. They came in my '99 extended cab, which I bought new. I found out that, when seated & belted in, I couldn't reach things that were on the floor, behind the seat. About 10,000 miles into ownership, I found a nice set of buckets from a wrecked 2000, gen I. It turns out that the right bucket seat and the "40" section of the 60/40, are identical, so I only used the left bucket. The seat cover on the '99 and the 2000 were both gray, but the pattern was different, so I bought a new, '99 style cover for the left bucket, and it was a direct bolt-in operation. I don't remember if I saved the old cover, I'll have to dig the seats out of storage to find out. The seats have been in dry, heated storage ever since I made the switch, and are in mint condition. I'm asking $200.00 for everything. I live just north of Seattle and would deliver them to you & help you bolt them in, for the cost of the gas to make the round trip. My trucks burns regular gas & gets 22-23 mpg, so you could map-quest the mileage from your place to Seattle & back to figure the cost. You wouldn't be obligated to buy the seats, but if I take the time to drive them all the way down there, I would expect you to pay for the gas, regardless. The seats are nice, so if you're serious about wanting a 60/40, I'm sure these would be acceptable. If your truck is neither a '99 or a 2000, rather than OE seat covers, I would suggest buying aftermarket, slip-on covers. I'm using a nice set that I can show you when I get there. They fit tight and look good.
    Let me know if this is something you'd be intersted in.
    Paul

5. Oct 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    jolie_4

jolie_4 [OP] Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma Sport
    Hey after thinking about it, I've decided to pass on the offer of the seats. I do appreciate you responding and offering to bring them but it's just way more than I want to spend. In order to replace the one cover, if it is in fact missing, would be around $250 to get it to match, the seats $200 and the gas about $115. The bucket seats I just got were only $50 plus about $30 in gas and although I would rather have the 60/40 seats, it's my work pickup and I can't really see spending that much. Thanks though.

6. Nov 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    hallencu

hallencu New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Rosamond, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Xtra 4WD Off-road Pkg
    Rev-tek lift
    Paul

Do you still have your 60/40 seats available? I'll buy them if you do.

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,
    Curtis

7. Nov 24, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    Black Stallion

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Western Washington
    Vehicle:
  8. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    LDB

LDB New Member

Member:
    If anyone has 60/40 bench seats they would like to sell please let me know.

9. Oct 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    rachelhumphrey11

rachelhumphrey11 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rachel
    Roseburg Oregon
    Vehicle:
    00 Prerunner
    Hey I'm wondering if any of y'all still have your 60/40 bench seat still available?? I'm looking for one for my 00 tacoma....Thank you!! I'm in Oregon :)

10. Oct 15, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    keakar

keakar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    karl
    louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2006 4runner sport 4.7L V8 (white)
    used to have - 99 2.4L I4 5 lug & 04 prerunner v6
    I have a '99 with the 60/40 seats in that tan brown color and im looking to switch over to bucket seats with console so maybe someone out there wants to trade their bucket seats with complete intact console with lid in equally as good condition send me a PM?

my seats have some normal material wear from use but I would call them a 7 out of 10. they are factory cloth and have not been covered. there are no holes or tears anywhere, they just look like they are 5-7 years old which I think looks pretty good for a '99

im looking for a trade and a few dollars to whos seats are in better shape, mine is tan brown factory cloth and in excellent condition. im not looking for anything that needs work or seat covers

if interested we could swap pics

just saying

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  11. Nov 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    brock6389

brock6389 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brock
    ny
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 Auto
    Keakar -

I'm interested in your 60/40 seat in case you can't find anyone to trade (replacing my tan bench seat).

12. Jun 11, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    bcraws

bcraws Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2004 Silver Taco ext cab
    Anyone looking for the 60 (drivers side) seat of the 60/40 bench seat in an 04 taco?

I've hated the seat setup since I got the truck in 08, tossed some seat covers on em for 2 years, left the country for 6, and am now back in the saddle and hate the bench more than ever.

I'd be willing to drive to swap- anywhere Southern California/Arizona/Colorado.

Color: Grey; condition: fair-good.

If any interest piqued, I'll post pictures.

13. Nov 2, 2016 at 6:33 PM
    brenrem

brenrem New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brent
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma
    bcraws, I'd be willing to swap you my bucket for your bench. it's got the typical wear on the driver's side wing, and is tan, but that won't make any difference with a cover. let me know if you are still interested and we can meet up somewhere in the middle.

Products Discussed in

To Top