Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I want bucket seat,

Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
mmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT(Medic in trailing)
Name: Matt
mmcmahan2206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick View Post
Any details? Price, install difficulty, etc?
Sorry 'bout the delay. The seats are Hyper-Auto i think (which went out of business or something) racing buckets that cost $300 for the pair. For install, all I did was drill out the rivets on my stock seats, bolt them back in and welded flat iron to them to make the brackets. Then all ya gotta do is bolt on the sliders that came with the seats. Fairly easy install, and well worth it! Next project is to install the 01-04 center console!

Try ebay... they've got tons!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I'm talking about the stock 01-04 cup holder/center console.

Trust me, the 98-00 cup holders are the worst engineering design in the history of mankind.

Here's an 01-04 assembly in my 98-00

meh... I have little issue with my lousy sq. cup holders...

But curious... did you paint that console black ?
How long will it stay looking like it does ?

what color was original ? gray ?

years back I tried vinyl painting a car interior...
looked great ! for about a month...
until it got marred up a little...
then it began to look like shit.

so do they sell tougher vinyl paint now a days ?
or did you use something else ? flex additive ?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmahan2206 View Post
Sorry 'bout the delay. The seats are Hyper-Auto i think (which went out of business or something) racing buckets that cost $300 for the pair. For install, all I did was drill out the rivets on my stock seats, bolt them back in and welded flat iron to them to make the brackets. Then all ya gotta do is bolt on the sliders that came with the seats. Fairly easy install, and well worth it! Next project is to install the 01-04 center console!
Thanks for the update!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
meh... I have little issue with my lousy sq. cup holders...

But curious... did you paint that console black ?
How long will it stay looking like it does ?

what color was original ? gray ?

years back I tried vinyl painting a car interior...
looked great ! for about a month...
until it got marred up a little...
then it began to look like shit.

so do they sell tougher vinyl paint now a days ?
or did you use something else ? flex additive ?
Yes. I dyed the vinyl part of the console and primed/painted the plastic components

It still looks like the day I painted/dyed it. And that was spring. I'd imagine it will look brand new for a couple of years before needing touch up.

I used Duplicolor vinyl/fabric dye for the vinyl. And Rustoleum Ultra primer and paint for the plastic. I used a Duplicolor prep wipe for both prior to painting/priming/dyeing.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #25
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and...

Old 05-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
come to Atlanta and i will swap seats with you!

i live really close to atlanta if you wanna swap seats. i hate my 60/40 bench seat. i want bucket seats and a console so i can have cup holders that arent in the way of my A/C controls haha
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #29
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Oh and...

Would love to have these seats, they're great...
Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
i live really close to atlanta if you wanna swap seats. i hate my 60/40 bench seat. i want bucket seats and a console so i can have cup holders that arent in the way of my A/C controls haha
I have exactly what your looking for, what color is your shib? mines grey
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
He want bucket seat
Old 05-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #32
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No, the 4Runner seats aren't a direct bolt-in. My son and I installed 4Runner buckets in his 1998 Tacoma where originally was a bench. We used some bolt holes but had to drill a couple. I don't remember exactly how many.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
NHTacoma is on a distinguished road

NHTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
I have exactly what your looking for, what color is your shib? mines grey
My 2003 60/40 bench is gray.... If you wanna drive up to NH and see some snow! It would make for a nice ride :-) think about it!!!!! Your buckets my bench, swap em in, you get to see snow in damn near June! It's a win win! Hahah