Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission problems need help ASAP

Old 10-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed03doublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
03doublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission problems need help ASAP

Hey all,
went to go to the drug store earlier and as i was coming back i started the truck and when i went to put it in drive i automatically hear loud clunking/ metal to metal sound. as i went to drive away it stalled, and its an automatic transmission. when i let off the brakes and idle it stutters forward slowly. this has NEVER happened before. 4wd seems fine, 85,000 miles. it happens in all gears (drive reverse 2nd and low). any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
this is also my work truck and i do landscaping so lots of heavy hauling and pulling.

Thanks in advance
Nick
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Is there fluid in it?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03doublecab View Post
Hey all,
went to go to the drug store earlier and as i was coming back i started the truck and when i went to put it in drive i automatically hear loud clunking/ metal to metal sound. as i went to drive away it stalled, and its an automatic transmission. when i let off the brakes and idle it stutters forward slowly. this has NEVER happened before. 4wd seems fine, 85,000 miles. it happens in all gears (drive reverse 2nd and low). any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
this is also my work truck and i do landscaping so lots of heavy hauling and pulling.

Thanks in advance
Nick
Not clear on what this means. Are you saying that when you engage 4hi they is no "loud clunking/ metal to metal sound "?

Are you certain its the trans? Could be the rear diff. Maybe sheared teeth either on the ring or the pinion.