1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keyless Entry

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by persian451, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Oct 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    persian451

persian451 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport
    bone stock
    Hello!

First Tacoma truck for me... I'm typically found on the BMW forums (bimmerforums primarily)

Picked up a clean 2000 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 V6 auto and love it. The truck has 125k miles and feel pretty damn smooth. I picked it up for $7900.

Anyhoo... quick question... The car has power windows and locks but the original owner didn't give me any key fobs. I took a picture of the red LED light indicator on the driver kick panel. It doesn't appear to be a RS3000 alarm.. I couldn't find the RS3000 ECU under there either.

I'm trying to find some remote to help lock/unlock the doors. Appreciate any help i could get.

Cheers!

-Peter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oct 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Trace the wire from that light... your only bet. I'm guessing its something DEI.... you may not find the information on the top of the box either.

On another note, that kinda looks like a fake LED light, generally the alarm LED's don't have their own boxes, which means the circuit board to control it it likely inside that box. Thus meaning its a fake one off of eBay. If you trace that light to the battery then i doubt you have an alarm,

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Oct 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    persian451

persian451 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport
    bone stock
    Thanks!

That's kind of what I was thinking.. might as well get an actual aftermarket alarm installed then... Out here in San Diego.. these trucks somehow find their way into Mexico..:eek: LOL

4. Oct 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Well don't just give up on it... trace the wire :) Maybe you do have something. I'm not an expert here... LoL

5. Oct 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,
    I had it on my 01 and it was just a kill switch for to prevent hot wiring and my truck being stolen

Products Discussed in

To Top