Should i get a taco???

View Poll Results: What should i do?
Jeep and Sports car? 5 9.26%
Search aimlessly for a taco only? 39 72.22%
both are acceptable? 5 9.26%
neither, i have a better idea(please explain if you do) 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
Should i get a taco???

Okay so basically, i have been searching for a tacoma for a while now. I want a first gen trd off road 4x4 with a 3.4lv6 and a 5 speed xcab or auto dcsb. the problem is that everytime i go to look at one it gets sold the day before, or the dealer wont come down to meet my budget. im really lost and im starting to get very distraught about this. Plus i have to get a loan most likely which will be a bit difficult to pay as i only work part time as a 19 year old, until i sell my f150 at least that will help.

OR i could, using the 2g that i have saved in my bank, buy an older 199x jeep cherokee or wrangler in decent condition. and use this primarily for off roading, and then continue saving until i sell my f150 (and a much smaller loan) and buy a sports car and own both a jeep and a sports car (like a 2001 350z or something... you know, not too expensive). Plus this would still give me something to drive until i found the sports car after selling my truck.
The more i consider this the more i like it, but i really like the first get tacos plus good gas mileage for a truck plus pick up space plus towing (a little bit) plus locking diff.

so my question here is should i continue to just search aimlessly for the perfect tacoma for me, and have to deal with car payments and potentials of it breaking while being my only vehicle for daily driving and off roading?

or should i buy a jeep now and then save for a nice car too with little to no carpayment, and the bonus of having 2 vehicles (and the not so bonus insurance for both).

What do you guys think?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I say just keep saving but if you must get something I would get a Jeep for wheeling. You can at least flat tow it with the 150.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I say just keep saving but if you must get something I would get a Jeep for wheeling. You can at least flat tow it with the 150.
well i want a taco for wheeling but no luck so far lol. i could easily get a decent shape jeep for like 1500. plus i wanted a wrangler growing up, before i got my license. lol. and yeah i would just keep my f150 but its only 2wd and reg cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
your 19. itll more expensive to insure a sports car than buy one.
lol this is true... but it shouldnt be too bad for an older year or something with a lower book value right?

thanks for the replies guys
Old 10-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Joshman35 will become famous soon enough
Name: Josh
Joshman35's Tacoma Gallery
you can mod the hell out of a 90's jeep for cheap. Everyone has parts for them. The new ones are crap, but the old ones are worth the money. I'd get a jeep and save for a Xrunner. I don't think i've ever recommended a jeep, but in your case it might make sense.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshman35 View Post
you can mod the hell out of a 90's jeep for cheap. Everyone has parts for them. The new ones are crap, but the old ones are worth the money. I'd get a jeep and save for a Xrunner. I don't think i've ever recommended a jeep, but in your case it might make sense.
idk about the xru lol not to big into street trucks at all. dont get me wrong they can be pretty badass but the way ive always seen it is trucks are more uhhh idk masculine? not trying to sound insulting at all but i honestly dont know how else to explain it.

but yeah it seems like it would make sense.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Id say search for a toyota truck or a tacoma (early years). Have you checked any of the public auctions?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
Id say search for a toyota truck or a tacoma (early years). Have you checked any of the public auctions?
i have a guy that buys and sells used vehicles at and on auction and from dealers all over the state and to other dealers. i have no clue how he does it. but he will buy a vehicle and sell it for 1g more the next week. haha but yeah point is he checks for me. found one but it was all beat up so he just sold it on auction.

and since were talking about jeeps, i just wanna say wouldnt a 2013 jeep wrangler rubicon be better than a 2013 taco. check the specs:

Wrangler Rubicon
$30,495Starting MSRP*
NEW Standard Embroidered Cloth Seats and Available Embroided Leather
NEW 17-Inch Wheel with Polished Face and Painted Mineral Gray Inner
NEW Standard Premium Tire Pressure Monitoring & EVIC
NEW Available Electro Chromatic Rearview Mirror with LED Map Lights+
32-Inch BFGoodrich® Mud Terrain Tires+
Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Transfer Case+
Tru-Lok® Front and Rear Locking Differentials+
Dana 44 Front and Rear Axle+
Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect
Rock Rails & Standard Front/Rear Tow Hooks
Gas Charged Shocks
Seven Alpine® Speakers, Including Subwoofer & 368-Watt Amp.+

i mean the damn thing has locking front and rear diffs and of course solid dana axels and an electric dissengaging sway bar. damn. lol anyway carry on everyone haha
Old 10-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
Joshman35 will become famous soon enough
Name: Josh
Joshman35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma22 View Post
i have a guy that buys and sells used vehicles at and on auction and from dealers all over the state and to other dealers. i have no clue how he does it. but he will buy a vehicle and sell it for 1g more the next week. haha but yeah point is he checks for me. found one but it was all beat up so he just sold it on auction.

and since were talking about jeeps, i just wanna say wouldnt a 2013 jeep wrangler rubicon be better than a 2013 taco. check the specs:

Wrangler Rubicon
$30,495Starting MSRP*
Gas Charged Shocks

i mean the damn thing has locking front and rear diffs and of course solid dana axels and an electric dissengaging sway bar. damn. lol anyway carry on everyone haha
If the specs came on a 80's, it would be indestructible, I just think Jeep quality has diminished a lot, not what they used to be
Old 10-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
well thats true with just about every vehicle nowadays isnt it? but i agree ahaha i love old 90s wranglers
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:

Wrangler Rubicon
$30,495Starting MSRP*
Gas Charged Shocks

NO.

On the topic about the autions now: Thats where i got my truck. Do you really need this like, time now? If I was you i would wait for the right vehicle to show up. Nothing worse than buyers remorse
Old 10-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
NO.

On the topic about the autions now: Thats where i got my truck. Do you really need this like, time now? If I was you i would wait for the right vehicle to show up. Nothing worse than buyers remorse
well i suppose i dont really NEED it, but winters coming. it would be nice to be able to drive in the snow, gotta feelin its gonna be a bad winter. and yeah trust me i know the feeling. i still cant believe my dad actually let me waste 5000 on my f150. its a 2wd reg cab! wtf. if i was him i woulda smacked me instead of saying okay.(at the time i really needed a vehicle though but still.)
Old 10-13-2012, 05:42 AM   #12
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
well i suppose i dont really NEED it, but winters coming. it would be nice to be able to drive in the snow, gotta feelin its gonna be a bad winter. and yeah trust me i know the feeling. i still cant believe my dad actually let me waste 5000 on my f150. its a 2wd reg cab! wtf. if i was him i woulda smacked me instead of saying okay.(at the time i really needed a vehicle though but still.)
Sell the f150. Use funds to purchase better taco. fixed your problem for you
Old 10-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money. Keep driving Ford. Buy what you want later when you have full time job and money.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I was unaware Nissan made the 350Z in 2001. Good luck finding one of those.

And id keep the ford and continue to search for a taco. Youll find one eventually.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
First year for 350z is 03'. Id say keep saving and get a Tacoma but of course I am biased but for a good reason. There's a reason they aren't cheap.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
For the record I meant 03. Lol. And yeah that's the original plan is gettig a loan to buy a taco when I find one the right price, use my savings as a down payment, and loan money for the rest. Then refinance the loan after selling my truck. The problem is that my truck will most likely only get me 3.5k even tho it's in almost perfect shape.

But the jeep car option will actually cost less combined then a taco most likely except insurance. But an ultimatum to that would be a sport bike. Have my license but no bike lol. Plus they Bangin on gas and only like extra 20 a month for insurance. Idk guys. I really want a taco but it doesn't seem likely.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Don't buy anything.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
Whys that?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
Banned
You can't afford it.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
I can afford a jeep.