Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A blazer ran me and my 96 Taco off the road. A fence board came through my dash.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
A blazer ran me and my 96 Taco off the road. A fence board came through my dash.

Well, it finally happened. I pride myself on being a great driver and hoped I'd never wreck. Ysterday, some douche in a Blazer crushed that dream.

I was driving to a friend's house when a car crossed the line in this curve.

I slow down and start to pull to the outside of my lane and hope they correct before they get to me. They do not. They end up completely in my lane and I had to drive off of the road to avoid them. We were feet away from a full head-on collision. I hit the grass and try to correct back towards the road, but it is too little too late and I hit the fence.

Where I left the road.

A fence board came through my headlight, fender, firewall, and my dash. It came to rest sticking into my passenger seat.

The car drove off. I jumped out and tried to flag them down but they were determined to run. The cops show up 15 minutes later and start taking in information. A blazer that I'm sure was the one that wreck me drove by and one officer took off after them but couldn't arrest them because I couldn't identify them 100%.

I'm just lucky I didn't have a passenger, because they would have lost a leg for sure, and I'm glad it was my passenger side and not my driver side, or I might not be here to tell the tale. These trucks aren't all that safe...

feelsbadman

The woman of the house came out and looked at her flowers. She asked "Going to fast down the road, eh?"

It was hard not to punch the bitch in the mouth.

Since that truck wouldn't be reliable enough to get me to where I'm going to college and back, my dad has decided he's going to keep it. He's wanted it ever since I got it. He has two trucks, both F350s and both manuals, so a little get around auto truck is great for him. I'm trying to find a 4x4 5 speed Taco this time around with a bit of a higher budget, so wish me luck! This time, I'll be installing a dash cam!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
good thing nobody was riding shotgun!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Holy fack.

Glad you're okay and that no one was in your passenger seat.

If the cops don't eventually catch up to the asshole, Karma will.

Good luck with your Tacoma search
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the truck, but just be glad that you're ok and that you didn't have a passenger
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Someone did the same thing to me on a motorcycle but I didn't hit a fence, just a big ditch. Dislocated my collarbone. Fuckin fuck.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! If you know of any six pot 4x4 Tacos in Central VA for less than 9k, let me know!

Hopefully I'll be on the road again soon!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wow crazy .
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Sorry to threadjack but do you live close to Wheatland or been there recently Gelo?
Na I'm in SoCal
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
Wow glad no one was hurt!! I have never see anything like that!

I have to admit are trucks are thinner then shit! If I melted down my taco might be enough metal to make a hood and fender for my old Ram :
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
The woman of the house came out and looked at her flowers. She asked "Going to fast down the road, eh?"

It was hard not to punch the bitch in the mouth.
She didn't know.
To anyone just walking up or driving by, it would have looked like you didn't make the curve.

Glad you're okay and VERY glad you didn't have a passenger!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #16
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Geez dude, that royally sucks. Glad you're alright and could keep your composure with that lady. I'da lost it.

Back when I had my hilux, some guy in an S-10 decided he wanted to run me off the road and I ran over some landscaping boulders in someone's front yard. It bent my front frame cross-member, driveshaft, and gas tank. (I lost a whole gallon of capacity because of that.)

Guess it runs in the Chevy blood.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #17
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Damn, glad your okay. That is some shit. I guess we get what we pay for!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyotaco View Post
Geez dude, that royally sucks. Glad you're alright and could keep your composure with that lady. I'da lost it.

Back when I had my hilux, some guy in an S-10 decided he wanted to run me off the road and I ran over some landscaping boulders in someone's front yard. It bent my front frame cross-member, driveshaft, and gas tank. (I lost a whole gallon of capacity because of that.)

Guess it runs in the Chevy blood.
Yeah, they don't just say Chevy runs deep for nothing :roll eyes:

I've had the most run ins with Chevy and Ford owners in my area, and in my opinion I just drive normally. That tells me something about them. I mind my own business too, I do practice defensive driving to the max though.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #20
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that could have been a WHOLE different story if you had a passenger!!!
Glad you are ok thou!