1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spindle/hub manual hub question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by xxOkieTacoxx, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Oct 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
    xxOkieTacoxx

xxOkieTacoxx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texarkana, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 3.4L 4x4/ 16’ DCLB TSS
    3.4L V-6 W/ custom intake,Flomaster super 44 dumped, 15" Incubus Alloy Wheels W/33x12.50 Yokohama Geolander MT'S, Bilstein 5100 Adj W/ OME 881coils, Pro Comp rear leafs W/ Bilstein 5100 shocks, Manual Hubs, Diff. Drop,Custom front bumper w/ winch W/ keyed disconnect and 2 250,000CP running lights, relocated blinkers, front bumper removed, radiator guards, custom skid plates, Rhinolined interior,
    Okay the shop messed up my hub/ spindle or whatever it is called last year cause they didn't use the locknut tool for the brearing nut they used a hammer and a screwdriver and didn't get it tight enough, then reused the old seals and now its all rusted.and fucked up. So I went to a salvage yard and told them.I needed the hub/spindle assembly for a 1999 manual locking hub non abs tacoma. They said okay they had one so I paid them and they shipped it to me. Well I got it Saturday and it was an auto locking hub non abs. So I called them and told them what I received and they said they'd rufind me but they didn't have the one I needed. So my question is since they.sent me such a nice and really good shape assembly, could I press out the outer hub, and press the old manual hub into it and it work? They look identical except for the auto locking hub.

2. Oct 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    xxOkieTacoxx

xxOkieTacoxx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Texarkana, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 3.4L 4x4/ 16’ DCLB TSS
    3.4L V-6 W/ custom intake,Flomaster super 44 dumped, 15" Incubus Alloy Wheels W/33x12.50 Yokohama Geolander MT'S, Bilstein 5100 Adj W/ OME 881coils, Pro Comp rear leafs W/ Bilstein 5100 shocks, Manual Hubs, Diff. Drop,Custom front bumper w/ winch W/ keyed disconnect and 2 250,000CP running lights, relocated blinkers, front bumper removed, radiator guards, custom skid plates, Rhinolined interior,
  3. Oct 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    There are more things to change out than just the hubs. If you do some searching in the forums on manual/auto hubs you will find it. Lots of good info on that thread.

Products Discussed in

To Top