1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

electrical problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kvatland127, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Nov 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    kvatland127

kvatland127 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2.7
    Hello I have a 04 Tacoma 2.7 it blew a 50 amp fuse that sends power to the cab fuse box, replaced fuse and know the clutch cancel button don't turn on until you press the button the it turn on? Then today went to start my truck and my radio and clock had to be reprogrammed like the battery got disconnect...weird any ideas please help

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    kvatland127

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2.7
    any help would be great, checked all fuses, disconnected my battery all night, no trouble codes, this has me stumped, the swith still works just the light dont turn on untill its pressed

3. Nov 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    TacomaWarrior11

TacomaWarrior11 Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner Extended Cab
    Bull Bar Grill Protector, Aftermarket Stereo and Speakers, Tool Box, Bed Liner, Tires
    Well....ha man I wish I could help you more, I just got done with Toyota's T-Ten Electrical, I also drive an '04 Taco. I saw this message was pretty far down the thread, if you are still having problems with it then just respond and I'll get on TIS and pull the wiring diagram, but honestly I will be taking a shot in the dark without testing it out with the DMM or test light, but let me know and we'll figure it out

Brie likes this.
  4. Nov 7, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    kvatland127

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2.7
    Yea still don't know what's wrong. My radio and clock haven't done anything weird since. On your 04 does your clutch cancel light light up when you turn the lights on or does it turn on when you press the button and then stay on

5. Nov 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Start looking for pinched wires, arc marks and worn out insulation. Fuses don't go bad, they fail because something drew too much power.
    Did you do any work on it recently?

6. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    defleppardsg

defleppardsg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    texas
    Vehicle:
    2.7L SR5 4x4
    OME 880's, Wheeler's Offroad 5-Leaf pack. Bilstein 5100's, 1" Daystar shackles, Deck Plate Mod.
    The light on the clutch-cancel button does not come on w/ the headlights. It only comes on when you use it to start the truck. Sounds like yours is functioning normally.

7. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    kvatland127

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma 2.7
    thats what i hoped to hear about the clutch cancel light, yea about the fuse blowing that was my falt, always disconnect batt before doing any electrical work. 1 more question on a 2004 tacoma non trd does the number 25 slot STA 7.5 A in the cab fuse block have power all time, mine has no power all time

8. Nov 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    TacomaWarrior11

TacomaWarrior11 Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    04 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner Extended Cab
    Bull Bar Grill Protector, Aftermarket Stereo and Speakers, Tool Box, Bed Liner, Tires
    Hey man, sorry I was late on the response and yes deflep is right, your clutch-cancel light sounds like it is working right, the only reason I could see that the radio etc. would reset is if the power source was cut off, I saw that you wrote you disconnected your battery, I dont know if that was before or after (side note, every toyota will reset/no crank one time after you replace a battery, dont know why) but sounds like your good to go and no the only time your STA fuse should show power is while cranking, so dead or running it will show nothing, but just be careful with that test light unless it is a snap on or cpu or energy efficient light because your adding a load to the circuit and could do some damage (not in this case but other situations) overall you sound good to go now

Brie likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top