Seat covers?...........................

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
raghorn is on a distinguished road
raghorn's Tacoma Gallery
Seat covers?...........................

Just purchased my first Taco.
A 2003 double cab 4x4 as a hunting rig.
Bone stock and in need of some seat covers and tires.
Looks like 265-75-16 Duratrack's will get the nod for tires, but still looking for a good set of covers.
Looking for great tight fit and water/dirt proof.
What say ye?..............................
Old 11-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...J&AID=10561927
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Just search for previous discussions on this, there are tons of them to read.

Here's one of the search results....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...at-covers.html

Based on my research the Wet Okoles are the best but expensive! http://www.wetokole.com/

Keep in mind that you have side airbags built into the seat!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
not exactly water/dirt proof but I'm currently using a set of these. Smittybilt katch-all covers. Lots of adjustability to get a tight fit. I use the pockets on the back for lots of stuff so I like them for that. I looked at the G.E.A.R covers from Smittybilt that are similar and more durable, but the reviews weren't great and they were double the cost so I'm trying these out. Had them for two months, no complaints yet.

These are the G.E.A.R covers. The fabric is really durable and I really like the Molle attachments on the back so you can configure the packs anyway you want. My only beef was the cost and that the fitment is a little loose. If you adjust the straps to get a tight fit it puts too much stress on some of the seams and they can split over time.

these come in Olive Drab, black, digital camo

Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Is there a plate carrier built in for ballistics and stab protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch97 View Post
Keep in mind that you have side airbags built into the seat!
Side airbags in 2003?

X2 on the Wet Okoles. Expensive but well worth it for something you have to sit in every day.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
trussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
trussell456's Tacoma Gallery
x3 on wet okoles!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okoles, everyone that sits in my truck comments on how much more comfortable they make the seats compared to stock.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^Is there a plate carrier built in for ballistics and stab protection?

X2 on the Wet Okoles. Expensive but well worth it for something you have to sit in every day.
I know right? But if you need ways to organize crap in the cab then the packs/pockets are really nice. At least for me and my needs they are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Wet Okoles, everyone that sits in my truck comments on how much more comfortable they make the seats compared to stock.
Heard nothing but good about Wet Okole. You get what you pay for. Good fit, durable and clean look. Just not enough "function" for what I need.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole:

Products Discussed in this Thread