1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arb bull bar winch mount help???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 2stroketrush, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Nov 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    2stroketrush

2stroketrush [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler Addison Rush
    Baltimore
    Vehicle:
    Built 97 ExtraCab
    Overland Purpose Built 97 going on 190K.
    Hey guys so i got a little smittybilt 8,000 pound winch, only thing is I'm having trouble thinking of ways to install it in my Arb bull bar. Anybody know how to do this or can give me some tips please? Do i have to take the entire bumper off?

2. Nov 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    BAZZMAZZA

BAZZMAZZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 and then some...
    OME-882 Coils + Nitro- Sport shocks, ARB Compressor, Spare fuse box, ALL-PRO Bedrack
    I believe you have to remove the bumper. I purchased an Arb this past summer and had to install it prior to mounting the bumper. There is no room for installing the winch when the bumper is on the vehicle.
    Checkout parksoffroad.com in the Tacoma section he has a good guide with photos on arb bumper install.

3. Jul 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    linckedin

linckedin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lincoln
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Vehicle:
    10' Tacoma Off Road 6 Speed
    Fox 2.5" coilovers, SPC light racing upper control arms, ATX rogues series wheels, Cooper Discoverer ST Max tires(265/75/16), Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, AIRaid throttle body spacer, MAF Sensor Calibrator, URD Y-Pipe, ARB front bumper, BAMF Sliders, Smittybilt 8000 Lb winch, HID headlights
    I put an ARB bull bar front bumper on my 2010 Tacoma, and installed a XRC-8 after the fact. It was a little tight, but i managed to get it in there and mounted up with the help of another person. Its definitely a two person job. Does anyone know how to hook up the electrical for the parking lights/blinkers on the ARB's?

Products Discussed in

To Top