Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

frame extension pieces for Addicted Offroad front bumper

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
indy30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
indy30's Tacoma Gallery
frame extension pieces for Addicted Offroad front bumper

I've emailed Scotty from AO already, but I was wondering if anybody knew or had pics of where these weld to and exactly what I need to cut off from the frame? 04 Tacoma.
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
ak47dennis is on a distinguished road

Name: dennis
ak47dennis's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with a answer from email. I emailed them 2 times asking very politely about leads times, never got any kind of response!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
With mine the lead time was pretty much once you order it it's built and shipped within 2 days and Scotty is always willing to help and answered every email and phonecall I gave him!

As for where to weld, idk about the "frame extensions" but I pretty much took the stock bumper off and got down to bare frame ends where the crush cans bolt to then used a sledge hammer to knock the new bumpers included crossmember onto the frame ends and used a level to be sure it wasn't crooked for whatever reason then tacked it up along to sides, bottom and top then bolted the bumper to the new crossmember... Iirc John(45acp) had his done at the AOR shop and when it was said and done the bumper stuck out 4.5" from the face of the grill and mine is 3.5".

All in all I'm very satisfied with my bumper choice all though mines changed quite a bit... Also depending on if you want to see the stinger or not the way it comes stock per say is barely visible over the hood and I ended up cutting it off and making a new wider stinger that was about 2" higher but that's just personal preference on wanting to be able to see it and it being wider to house my 21" light bar
frame extension pieces for Addicted Offroad front bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352520615.973246.jpg
Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
indy30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
As for where to weld, idk about the "frame extensions" but I pretty much took the stock bumper off and got down to bare frame ends where the crush cans bolt to then used a sledge hammer to knock the new bumpers included crossmember onto the frame ends and used a level to be sure it wasn't crooked for whatever reason then tacked it up along to sides, bottom and top then bolted the bumper to the new crossmember... Iirc John(45acp) had his done at the AOR shop and when it was said and done the bumper stuck out 4.5" from the face of the grill and mine is 3.5".

Attachment 179037
Did you hack the ends off or just cut the ears off(where the bolts are) enough to slide the new crossmember over top? I'm really surprised that I cant find any pics here or online about this. I do much better with pics!
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Got pics of the frame extensions? I'm not sure what exactly it is you're working with. I don't think I saw anything like that on the AO site.

Yeah, my truck was the first one Scotty came across with the short frame issue. He ended up making a new crossmember with square tubing and gusseted/welded the shit out of it.

Before going to the AO shop with the old crossmember

New crossmember
Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
indy30's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks 45acp. I was hoping that you might chime in. I can send you some pics tonight of what he sent me. Right now my truck looks just like yours in the pic with your bumper off. Actually i stuck the little sub-bumper back on for some protection until I figure out exactly what i need to hack off.
Basically, though, he sent me 4 approx 2" long rectangular pieces. 2 are thinner steel than the others. I got the bumper about a month ago, and now im in a hurry to get it on before i go to WV on a hunting trip.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
AddictedOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy30 View Post
Thanks 45acp. I was hoping that you might chime in. I can send you some pics tonight of what he sent me. Right now my truck looks just like yours in the pic with your bumper off. Actually i stuck the little sub-bumper back on for some protection until I figure out exactly what i need to hack off.
Basically, though, he sent me 4 approx 2" long rectangular pieces. 2 are thinner steel than the others. I got the bumper about a month ago, and now im in a hurry to get it on before i go to WV on a hunting trip.
Call me after 8am mst. 970-420-4198
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
AddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud ofAddictedOffroad has much to be proud of
AddictedOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47dennis View Post
Good luck with a answer from email. I emailed them 2 times asking very politely about leads times, never got any kind of response!
Dennis, either those emails got blocked some how or they never got to me. I always email everyone back ASAP. But to answer the question, we are usually at a 2-3 week turn time.