Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Comfortable seats installed in a Tacoma?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbomb View Post
I kind of like the scion xb seats. More info on install needed?
http://vimeo.com/25126120
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
A very well executed mod and video but that's way too much work honestly for some seats. That's just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #24
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
IMO... it's not a foam issue on the 1st gen junk...
but instead the springs that hold that.

But the foam is too thin to omit the springs.

there's just nothing good about the 1st gen truck seats, period.

well... one exception might be if you weigh 100 lbs.

edit:

btw... I roll these Scion XB seats...

do those seats come forward like the stock ones in order to get to the back of the cab?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
yes... actually they come forward too much if you ask me.
and not rearward enough... That's sticking with the original bump stops that are welded to the rails.
so changing their positions on the rail can allow the seat to move further rearward...
and even limit how far forward they should be allowed.

they also lay nearly flat if the head rest is removed.
the originals only lay back only so far.

these are not for everyone...
they do sit near a coupla' inches taller.

so long torso'd folk should choose another

Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking, didn't know Scion had such a nice seat...lost me at the tack weld tho
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Pics or shens.

I saw the DIY that required welding and cutting a bunch of shit to make them fit

Don't tell me that shit!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
fishbomb is on a distinguished road
fishbomb's Tacoma Gallery
Scion xb seats

I just picked up a complete scion xb interior front bucket seats, door panels, rear seats, etc. Want to put the seats in my 03 Tacoma.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #30
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Come mid-January I'm going to make my driver's seat even more comfy
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
yes... actually they come forward too much if you ask me.
and not rearward enough... That's sticking with the original bump stops that are welded to the rails.
so changing their positions on the rail can allow the seat to move further rearward...
and even limit how far forward they should be allowed.

they also lay nearly flat if the head rest is removed.
the originals only lay back only so far.

these are not for everyone...
they do sit near a coupla' inches taller.

so long torso'd folk should choose another

you mind taking a pic of them leaning forward?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #33
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
After striking out yesterday at the local salvage yard I tore my driver's seat apart last night. I added a piece of foam in the lumbar area and more foam under the stock foam for the driver's side. The lumbar addition is a huge improvement but the base cushion I think is worse. There's a lot more slack in the stock upholstery than I had imagined. So I'm going to try and pick up some more foam today and add some bolstering on the sides as well as remove the foam I put under the stock foam. Then I'll add a little above the stock foam instead. Should be just about right and foam is cheaper than even used seats. I'll take some pics this time around.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #34
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
Get good dense foam from a pro store should help if you go that route. You can use the discount store stuff, but may or may not hold up. Use an electric carving knife to cut it and shape it helps too.

XB seat deal looks interesting. Have factory buckets in now. Driver side outer seat bottom worn through on the edge. Debating on having them retrimmed or just finding a replacment set of seats (xb maybe) that are undamaged.

That is unless any seat swappers has a good factory seat cushion left over lol. My seats are out of a 99 reg cab in grey/blue colour.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 AM   #35
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i had corbeau A4 seats in my truck. loved the feel of them, but they were just too small for my large frame. had i gone with the wide version of them i wouldn't have sold them

Good to know. I will have to make sure I get the wide versions too!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #36
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
you mind taking a pic of them leaning forward?
I attempt a picture today... when it's not raining
Old 12-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #37
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
I almost want to be weird and install 85 4Runner SR5 seats in my taco...those things were so comfortable. I haven't looked into whats involved though. I'm not sure if they've ever made them in grey though...I've only ever seen them in tan/brown/yellow -shrug-
Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd to get ideas for my '98. I'm constantly trying to find a stock center console to buy so I can get bucket seats.
I have the 60/40 bench seats and I hate them!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #39
Quote:
I attempt a picture today... when it's not raining
sweet thanks
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #40
TuRD
TACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
TACO in SC's Tacoma Gallery
This looks interesting. What year model range of Scion seats can be swapped in? I don't know if I would like the extra 2" of height. Instead of a tack weld one could probably drill and thread in a sheet metal screw.