1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ordered from Underdog Racing...got nothing

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by koco, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    koco

koco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '01 Taco
    Around $26,000 worth of unleaded in the fuel tank.
    Seems to be reputable, sounds good. That being said, there's no reason yet for me to do a chargeback on the item or anything. I'll give them some more time to send the goods. It is what it is.

2. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    You waited a month, with a phone call...and you're giving more time to send goods? Maybe you gave misinformation when ordering? Did you check all the stuff for typo's? Not saying your dumb, but mistakes happen. Maybe it was delivered and you weren't there, maybe due to a human mistake, it was sent back.

3. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Lack of communication if you are running a business is totally unacceptable. If I order something it is not hard to send a reply with an order status and a tracking number when the order ships. I don't want to hear, "Oh, they are really busy," B.S. I hope the OP gets everything squared away and URD makes it right.

4. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    NW4RUNNER

NW4RUNNER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    I waited over a month for my 7th injector to ship. They were on back order and were waiting to get them from factory. I spoke with gadget several times to double check status.

5. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I hope so too, but in a case like this, its up to the consumer to be vigilant with the business, not wait a month, make one call, then make a post and say they are gonna give it more time.

:confused:

6. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Gadget pm'ed me today so I know he's answering his emails on TW. But call to make sure. Extension 3

7. Nov 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    But shouldn't have to get to that point.

8. Nov 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    All my dealings with Gadget and URD was superb and my product arrived in a timely fashion. Hope the OP gets taken care of. Many of us here have nothing but good things to say about URD and Gadget.

9. Nov 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Truth.

10. Nov 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    acdronin

Member:
    sub'd, i want to see this get resolved

11. Nov 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    just ordered from URD, maf sensor calibrator. I called and was going to order on the phone, but gadget told me to go order online so i did. I know he's there, and probably extremely busy, but he will answer the phone. so OP if you still haven't resolved this, i suggest you call before they leave for the day.

12. Nov 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    press option 3, ask for gadget.

13. Nov 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    URD sold out of the sims for the Gen 1 Tacomas. We had one hell of a time getting the connectors to make more. We finally got them 3 months after we were promissed to get them. This did cause a long back order to build up.

The good news is we finally got the connectors and are building them and shipping them as fast as we can. Should have all the back orders filled first part of the week.

When we get an order in and cannot ship it right away we send an email out telling the customer of the status and the best estimate of a ship date. The customer can decide to wait or ask the order be canceled and refunded.

Many times our outbound emails get caught in spam folders and the customers do not see them. Don't think for one minute we purposely ignore our customers.

If you don't get a shipping notice and did not get an email from us, please give us a call so we can get you the answer you are looking for.

G

14. Nov 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    Gadget@URD

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    URD never misrepresents anything. A misunderstanding on your part does not amount to malice on our part.

The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator is a tuning device and does need to be wired into your ECU harness. No where on the product description does it say it is plug and play and no where does it say it does not require tuning.

From day one it has been the best performance value on the market.

You can order an ECU Patch Harness that the MAF Cal can be wired into and we do offer a service where we will wire it up for you so you can plug it in.

We do have some maps we can preload for some trucks and some combinations, but not for everything.

If you are not sure what you are ordering you should call tech support and ask about it before you order it.

G

15. Dec 1, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers

Hey Gadget......while your here i just picked up a NITB Calibrator for my truck it has the map option. You responded to my XRU post saying it was good to put on a N/A vehicle. However how do i go about getting a map for a tune. I sent an email a couple days ago to tech support via your site regarding the tune.

Is there a way i can get a tune from you or have it email and follow the instructions from your UTune to install it?

current mods on truck for reference:

2009 Sport V6
    URD TCAI
    helix throttle body spacer
    DTLT with o2 sim
    TRD cat back with a 18in wicked flow muffler

if possible can i get one for a urd y pipe as well in a separate file for the up and coming months

16. Dec 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    Gadget@URD

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    I do have a map that will wrk for that combination.

Email your request to URD tech support support@urdusa.com

G

17. Dec 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  18. Dec 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    X2!

19. Dec 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    Unmatched customer service.

Email sent. Can't wait to get this on!

20. Dec 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    just got my MAF sensor calibrator. Is there anyway of knowing if they tuned it to your specs beforehand? I know i put my specs in the message box, but i might have to tune it if it hasn't been.

Products Discussed in

To Top