Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone got pictures of ome 2.25 leafs

Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got pictures of ome 2.25 leafs

Does anyone have pictures of their 1st gen with the dakar/ome 2.25 leaf springs?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I could take a pic or two tomorrow for you?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sure! what lift do you have in front?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouillard13 View Post
sure! what lift do you have in front?
I got adj billies with stock coils. I need eibachs tho , but the rake isn't so bad for me lol
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

If you added the eibachs do you thin it was level it?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #6

just saw your build list. is that the lift. nice skid plate. did you build it?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
If you added the eibachs do you thin it was level it?
Yea it would level out with eibachs for sure, if I hadn't added skids sliders and me it would probably be level

Quote:
just saw your build list. is that the lift. nice skid plate. did you build it?
front adjs billies and rear dakars yup, the skid plates are from all phase off road (outta business )
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
stlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nice
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
Silver truck - I added the Dakar AAL. Not exactly what you asked for, but useful maybe.

I also added a 3/8" thick spring relocation plate from Sky Manufacturing. Otherwise I would rub pretty bad on the front of the fender at full stuff. Moved the axle back 3/4".

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new...duct.php?id=80

Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #9

nice what size of tires?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
stlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nicestlstrs is just really nice
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nice what size of tires?
Assuming you were talking to me:

285/75/16 on 16x8, 4" BS
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Eibachs will give the truck bro lean with just the Dakars.
It might be ok with the AAL. I think I got 3"+ with the AAL and the relocation plate. I'm at around 2.5" in the front, there is a noticeable rake when looking from the side.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #14

so what should i do to get new leafs? is there anything out there that comes complete and will sit level?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #16

Ya my thoughts exactly. Hockey puck
Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so what should i do to get new leafs? is there anything out there that comes complete and will sit level?
Get the dakars for the back, and adjustable coilovers for the front. Then you can tune your front height to match the back however you want it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Ya my thoughts exactly. Hockey puck
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
No..don't do that haha
X2 try and not do that if you can, but its your truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstrs View Post
Get the dakars for the back, and adjustable coilovers for the front. Then you can tune your front height to match the back however you want it.
Thats a good plan
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
stlstrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Thats a good plan
Seriously, when I first lifted my truck I started with the adjustable 5100s with stock springs, didn't like the ride height. Then I switched the springs out for some OME springs, didn't like the ride height. I was about to add a OME 5/8" spacer and the I realized I was going to have three different lifts (lift struts, lift springs, and a spacer). I traded the whole thing out for a used set of coilovers that I had rebuilt. Everything else aside, just being able to adjust the height was worth it for me. When I added the OME AAL, I was able to raise the front up a little to match the raised rear. I couldn't have don't that with out the coilovers.