Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Suspension lift or just new shocks?

Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac View Post
whoops my bad I mean Wheelers offroad! that's who I was on the phone with not 4wp
Lol I haven't dealt with them but they must be better then 4wp lol
Old 11-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
prozac is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
prozac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
The reason I asked on the leafs is if there arch left you can put on a add a leaf and get a lift like that, its cheaper and works well.
I think yours coils are tired because of how compressed they look, and the amount of space on the between your bumpstop and where it hits.
you should look into coil springs either eibach or old man emu (ome). Shock wise bilsteins or ome, thats front and rear.
rear springs you should get a new set or build your own but I dont think its a option for you (know how)

You have to get new u bolts (extended if lifting) you will need a bpv ( brake proportioning valve) to make up for the lift, that way your rear brakes work like there suppose to. You can get a extended rear brake line to because of the lift, in my case I bought it but my brake line was rusted/ forever on there and ended up returning it. I "modified" the brake line to keep it from tearing at full droop, I think I pictures in my build if not Ill post some. Make sure you buy new eye bolts for the springs, you are almost guaranteed to have to cut them off and will need to have new ones ready (use a cutoff wheel). Use factory bolts from toyota or use grade 8 replacements, make sure to grease everything if not itll squeak left and right and it sucks lol. I did my own dakars with help from otheres on here so Im telling you from my own experience lol
pm me if I can help with anything, and were all here to help no one is born knowing anything lol ask away

adding pics of the leaf springs ... are these ok to do AAL or will i need all new ones?
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension lift or just new shocks?-leaf-springs.jpg   Suspension lift or just new shocks?-leaf-springs-2.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
adding pics of the leaf springs ... are these ok to do AAL or will i need all new ones?
Mine were kind of like that, I actually had the aal in the garage. After a trip bringing some grass rolls, and unloading it the taco stayed down. So I decided to go to a new set.
The problem with a aal with them like that is 1. you wont get that much lift 2. they can literally break
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Those springs are 15 years old. Get new ones.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
prozac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Those springs are 15 years old. Get new ones.
haha you guys and your logic ... sounds like that's what I'll have to do then ... putting $12-1500 into a truck I paid less than that for just seems crazy lol then you add in the wheels I bought ($500) and the tires (about $800) and I am starting to feel like a lunatic ha!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #26

Quote:
haha you guys and your logic ... sounds like that's what I'll have to do then ... putting $12-1500 into a truck I paid less than that for just seems crazy lol then you add in the wheels I bought ($500) and the tires (about $800) and I am starting to feel like a lunatic ha!
Your right man Ill take another taco then lol
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #27
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You've got it made though man... Got my '00 for $9k and now I have no money left over for mods Kind of wish I bought a POS so i could put all my money into the aftermarket parts
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
You've got it made though man... Got my '00 for $9k and now I have no money left over for mods Kind of wish I bought a POS so i could put all my money into the aftermarket parts
You can do it man
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
prozac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
haha thanks! that makes me feel better ... This is literally my fourth car (I'm a 25 year old single guy) so its a little ridiculous haha but I love toys and this seems like it will be quite the toy when its all said and done
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #30

Quote:
haha thanks! that makes me feel better ... This is literally my fourth car (I'm a 25 year old single guy) so its a little ridiculous haha but I love toys and this seems like it will be quite the toy when its all said and done
It will man guaranteed cuz its a toyota lol
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
look at the fox 2.0 ifp on 4wd their 10% off with free shipping
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
prozac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon24 View Post