Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GF performance chip

Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
wabe95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
wabe95's Tacoma Gallery
GF performance chip

i have a 2004 prerunner tacoma and im thinking about putting a GF Performance Chip in because ive heard they add some more HP and help the mpg some. is this true or am i hearing all rumors?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Rumors, Welcome to TW
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
No such thing. Put the money toward gas.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
GF performance chip? Does that make her want to have more sex or something?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
You'd be better off buying some real chips. Doritos or Fritos perhaps?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Junk. I had one on the Jeep and it did NOTHING!!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
Google search will turn up horror stories, money wasted and hearts broken.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Matter of fact.. if you look it up and you can use the one I have, I will mail it to you for free.

the code on the back is:
106946 - 110615

Don't know if that is the model number or what. But it's there.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Matter of fact.. if you look it up and you can use the one I have, I will mail it to you for free.

the code on the back is:
106946 - 110615

Don't know if that is the model number or what. But it's there.
Did you replace it with the throttle body spacer for double the power?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #10

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't add anything. Was already in the Cheep when I bought it.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Performance chips that promise horsepower AND mpg gain are bullsh*t. If the manufacturer could get you more HP and mileage, they would do it! Think about it, higher power AND better fuel economy? Why would they NOT do it?

When it comes to changes in power and economy with programming you have two basic choices: Better power, lower economy, or better economy, lower power.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Performance chips that promise horsepower AND mpg gain are bullsh*t. If the manufacturer could get you more HP and mileage, they would do it! Think about it, higher power AND better fuel economy? Why would they NOT do it?

When it comes to changes in power and economy with programming you have two basic choices: Better power, lower economy, or better economy, lower power.

On Normaly aspirated yes I agree. On turbo cars (factory at least) no way. I had two volvo turbos (850/S70) that when chipped gained well over 50 whp and that was before the exhaust/intake mods!

Mileage went up, as the torque curve became flatter. The downside? You could no longer use regular or midgrade and had to use premium ALL the time.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, I can't argue that point on non-naturally aspirated engines. I have never actually dealt with it. You may be right. However the OP did not mention anything about having his truck supercharged. Perhaps I should have been more specific in my post. I would hate to have to use premium fuel all the time though. That's one of the reasons I didn't buy my brother in laws Cadillac...lol.