Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Japan oil filter??

Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Japan oil filter??

Hi I got some Toyota Oil filter on ebay. I have a question this filter is the Japan one 90915-20004 its longer than the D1 and D3 that the dealer sells. Have anyone used this filter on the first gen??? I know the 2nd out of the factory come out with this filter. But would it work on my 2003 v6. Thanks on advance.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it's equivalent to the D3, which is larger than D1 which is equivalent to the G1. See attachment:
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
Yes, it's equivalent to the D3, which is larger than D1 which is equivalent to the G1. See attachment:
Thanks. So I should be good to go. Since filter is longer do I need to put use more oil?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
You probably will want a little more oil but I would check it with 5.5qts in there and see if it's needed. Usually 5.5qts with the stock filter is about half way up on the dip stick.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Correct^^^
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, got a link?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #7

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
You probably will want a little more oil but I would check it with 5.5qts in there and see if it's needed. Usually 5.5qts with the stock filter is about half way up on the dip stick.
Would do thanks a bunch.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Hey OP, got a link?
Let me check I got them last month.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #9

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Let me see
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Let me check I got them last month.

Well, hopefully you'll find it, but if not (heck, it's been a month!), thanks for at least trying!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #11

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Well, hopefully you'll find it, but if not (heck, it's been a month!), thanks for at least trying!
Sorry. This is the seller name travisann. I checked buy he doesnt have any listed.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a comparable filter, I use Napa 1516 which is longer than OEM and pretty good quality.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry. This is the seller name travisann. I checked buy he doesnt have any listed.
Hektor, if you do come across some 03 or 04's again, let me know. Japanese Denso's (red o-ring w/ metal "ears") are definitely superior to anything aftermarket. Wix or Napa Gold (same thing) & Purolator Pure1 will be my 2nd choice after my warranty expires.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #14

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
Hektor, if you do come across some 03 or 04's again, let me know. Japanese Denso's (red o-ring w/ metal "ears") are definitely superior to anything aftermarket. Wix or Napa Gold (same thing) & Purolator Pure1 will be my 2nd choice after my warranty expires.
Ok, would do!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Quote:
Txs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
If you want a comparable filter, I use Napa 1516 which is longer than OEM and pretty good quality.
& Txs to U 2!