Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2003 Toyota Tacoma

Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #21
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you man! Cant wait to see what you do with it! Did you keep some parts from your last truck?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations!
Nice Christmas gift!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
NICE-----Keep us posted==MERRY CHRISTMAS
Your gift to yourself--the best kind--Exactly what you asked for and wanted.
For real! Perfect timing! Haha I'm hoping to get it tomorrow, but as long as I get the truck before I leave to go home for Christmas I'll be happy. Get to put it to good use as soon and I get it and make a 500 mile trip back home. Will definitely be a more comfortable and enjoyable ride than it was in my Silverado work truck edition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Good for you man! Cant wait to see what you do with it! Did you keep some parts from your last truck?
Thanks! I've already looked up so much stuff that I plan to do to it! Unfortunately I have no parts from my old truck, but that just means I can start fresh. Definitely will be glad to be back in a Tacoma and be able to be a part of this forum again! It's worth being broke from mods haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Congratulations!
Nice Christmas gift!
Thanks! Nobody knows what to get me for Christmas this year because I've got pretty much everything I want or need. So this will probably be my favorite Christmas present! Haha
Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whats your plan for the lift?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Whats your plan for the lift?
I'm probably gonna go with 5100's front and back with eibach coils, and a 2" AAL until I can spend some big bucks on some now leafs.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I'm probably gonna go with 5100's front and back with eibach coils, and a 2" AAL until I can spend some big bucks on some now leafs.
The eibachs might be a bit too much for that year tacoma. The 95-97 seem to handle the 3" lift a bit better for some reason. Just means you'll tear your cv boots quicker.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #27

Quote:
The eibachs might be a bit too much for that year tacoma. The 95-97 seem to handle the 3" lift a bit better for some reason. Just means you'll tear your cv boots quicker.
Hmm.... I was looking at JLee's and a couple others tacomas that had this combo and it didn't seem to bad. But It'll be about 2 moths before I get a lift, so I'll have plenty of time to ask questions and find out what's best!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #28
192 is on a distinguished road

192's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought almost the same truck... but mine needs lots of maintenance .... timing belt, tune up parts, tires, and maybe more. That being said everything works and cosmetically it's great! 145,000 paid $9000... I feel it was a tad high.. but finding one with everything I wanted was hard. (V6 Manual, TRD, Black, and towing package) I was looking for about 4-6 months. I will be doing all the work my self.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #29
YogiBear is on a distinguished road

YogiBear's Tacoma Gallery
Tires on my '03 Taco

I currently have the stock size tires 265/70/16 but want to go bigger. I would like to put on 285/75/16.

For that to fit would I need to do anything other than a 3 inch lift?

Is there anything I should be cautious about or know before making this change?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear View Post
I currently have the stock size tires 265/70/16 but want to go bigger. I would like to put on 285/75/16.

For that to fit would I need to do anything other than a 3 inch lift?

Is there anything I should be cautious about or know before making this change?
Even with a 3 inch lift you will almost definitely have rubbing at full lock with 285's, but it's nothing bad. Most people just take a hammer or sledgehammer to the pinch weld on the inside of the fender and knock it back some. It also depends on what backspacing your wheels have. Somebody like JLee should have better info on that.