LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

will these fit

Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
will these fit

hi will a 265/75/16 fit a stock tacoma 4x4? theyre Destination M/Ts im trading them to a friend for my street tires (i got for free michelins though)

also what could be wrong with my laptop i cant open TCWorld on it it comes up as the page has an error or something
Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
hi will a 265/75/16 fit a stock tacoma 4x4? theyre Destination M/Ts im trading them to a friend for my street tires (i got for free michelins though)

also what could be wrong with my laptop i cant open TCWorld on it it comes up as the page has an error or something
yep....those tires should be fine......may have a tad bit of rubbing, but nothing serious. and for the laptop....try erasing any junk/cookies and stuff and see if that works.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep....those tires should be fine......may have a tad bit of rubbing, but nothing serious. and for the laptop....try erasing any junk/cookies and stuff and see if that works.
thanks and will a lift help with rubbing cause i need an excuse for one
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
thanks and will a lift help with rubbing cause i need an excuse for one
to a point maybe,but wheel spacers are all ya really need if there is any rubbing. i doubt you'll have barely any rubbing tho. but if you do get wheel spacers...................go with spidertrax.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
265 75 16 isnt going to cause a ton of rubbing for normal every day driving...you MAY have to remove your mud flaps and you MAY have to pound down the pinch weld/trim the fender liner at that point...and you MAY get some rubbing on the frame at full lock

but you should be ok for the most part with that size tire

if not then just get you a mild lift (like 2") and youre all set
Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
your all wrong. haha I have 265 75 16 bfg at's and i did about 12 separate hours of pounding on the pinch weld and inner fender to make em fit. (still rub on occasion)also had to get spacers cause they were rubbing the frame. they will fit, but your gona have to make them fit.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
idk what ^^^ is talking about, but NO WAY! oh wait it's a prerunner. i'll re phrase that,
If you drive your truck like a truck it;s gona rub, it you drive it to and from work and the beauty salon, your fine!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #9
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t.hornstra
so u think driving a truck like a truck is only offroad or on rigorous trails?
i believe they made pickup trucks so you could haul stuff back and forth and not have to worry about getting your trunk or car dirty.. go buy a dunebuggy or rockcrawler
i use my truck to haul stuff to/from college. trips to the beach, camping, snowboarding. and whatever else i feel like.
im telling you i bought my truck with 265/75R16 on the stamp steel wheels. they never rubbed for me.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #10

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no im just trying to bring some excitement to tw. but you are saying you don't stuff the tires up tight into the wheel well. so therefore my post is correct. they fit for everyday driving(mine still needed some pounding to fit for every day driving) but if your gona wheel it hard at all, i'd get the lift asap and don't waste time pounding.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #11
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hmmm wierd. whats the BS on ur wheels?
i havnt pounded anything or removed anything in my wheel wels
ive been on some trails and flexed my truck.. maybe not enough to notice any rubbing.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #12

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
go look at your pinch weld, I bet it's already been done if the previous owner installed them. check it out anyways!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #14

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
well the actual weld is behind plastic so it could have been.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
your all wrong. haha I have 265 75 16 bfg at's and i did about 12 separate hours of pounding on the pinch weld and inner fender to make em fit. (still rub on occasion)also had to get spacers cause they were rubbing the frame. they will fit, but your gona have to make them fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
idk what ^^^^ that is all about
my 02 prerunner was running 265/75R16 no problem. i went through a whole set of tires without any rubbing..
hmm... wierd
they will deff fit
Quote:
idk what ^^^ is talking about, but NO WAY! oh wait it's a prerunner. i'll re phrase that,
If you drive your truck like a truck it;s gona rub, it you drive it to and from work and the beauty salon, your fine!
i put 265/75/16s on my truck long before i lifted it and had only rubbing on the frame at full lock and that was offroad

and trust me...i put my truck thru its paces offroad

you'll be fine with that size without a lift and MAYBE a little pounding/trimming
Old 01-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #16
"Not you, fat jesus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i put 265/75/16s on my truck long before i lifted it and had only rubbing on the frame at full lock and that was offroad

and trust me...i put my truck thru its paces offroad

you'll be fine with that size without a lift and MAYBE a little pounding/trimming
^^ Thanks for backin me up! haha
i could have sworn my truck had no mods and it was running them no problem.

you WILL be able to run 265/75/16s NO major if any small Problems : ]
Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #17
"Not you, fat jesus"

it also depends on what tire brand/model i think.
some tires have tread that sticks out further over the edge. mine are Toyo AT. and they didnt rub. maybe BFG have more tread that reaches the frame at full lock.

anyone else agree?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ran 265/75/16's on my 2000 4x4, and never rubbed. Just the slightest bit full locked, and with the tire stuffed. Perhaps your trucks suspension was worn out?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
it also depends on what tire brand/model i think.
some tires have tread that sticks out further over the edge. mine are Toyo AT. and they didnt rub. maybe BFG have more tread that reaches the frame at full lock.

anyone else agree?
i agree......see my first post on the thread!