Notices

cb radio location

Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #61
JHarrisTaco15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
JHarrisTaco15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
this is ideally how i want to set mine up.
just need to get the single din radio
Where did you get that grill??
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #62
Tacomafreak is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Tacomafreak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Cobra 75 handset mounted to left of console, Kenwood 2M next to shifter. The thinh in the middle is my trailer brake controller. Works out pretty good.

Edit: sorry didnt realize you were lookin only for first gen

Love the setup! I am looking to get into 2m radios and was wondering if you have any advice or resources that you would recommend me using to get started! Thanks.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #63
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
Here's some detail on my ashtray install...

The dash facia will require some cutting, trimming.
I have a spare facia... so cutting this one up, wasn't a concern.

Used a 90* coupler at the rear, as well, warmed the ducting
and pressed that inward slightly.

Used zip ties... 'cause they were handy.

This has been mounted this way for more then a few years
without any issue.

Thanks for this info! I will be doing the same tomorrow. Where did you wire the cb power to? Fuse Box? Please let me know thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #64
Some who wander are not lost.
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
I got a Cobra 75 WX ST And installed it like this:

Did it this way because I didn't want to cut up my dash.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #65
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
Looking in to getting a cb set up for occasional use. I know nothing about them. I don't want it for anything serious, just for fun. What all do I need? I have this cb in mind http://www.uniden.com/cb-radios/bear...invt/pro505xlg I want it in the ash tray. For antenna, I was thinking Firestik FireFly series. Maybe an antenna quick disconnect or swivel? (so I can get it out of the way of trees on trails.) I read about a 90° connector for something? (don't know what that's about) Anyway, I would just like to compile a list of everything I would need to have a working cb. My budget is under $100, and the less the better for the wallet! Thanks! Oh and do these things have built-in speakers? Or how does that work?
Old 09-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #66
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just did the ashtray location with a Uniden Pro 505xl. I really like the look of it, espeially because it only has two small knobs on it. I don't have an antenna for it at this time...just using it as a PA for now.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #69
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
I got tired of messing with all the cordage in that area. The mic, phone charger, battery charger for gopro. And reaching under and around the mic cord was annoying. So I did this and I love it.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
I got tired of messing with all the cordage in that area. The mic, phone charger, battery charger for gopro. And reaching under and around the mic cord was annoying. So I did this and I love it.
Please replace your temperature dial. That is driving me crazy!!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #71
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to do mine in the ashtray spot but also already had too many cords there (phone charger, radar detector, AUX cord coming out of head unit) so I mounted it on the B-pillar on the drivers side right beside my seat

Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #72
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
Please replace your temperature dial. That is driving me crazy!!
Lmao it drives me crazy too lol. I lost the little metal piece that goes inside the knob or stays on the little nub on the HVAC control.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #73

Quote:
Lmao it drives me crazy too lol. I lost the little metal piece that goes inside the knob or stays on the little nub on the HVAC control.
I wouldn't stand to drive a truck with a knob missing.... I would go INSANE
Old 09-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #74
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wrap the knob with a little electrical tape. Put it where the metal thing usually goes. Assuming you still have the knob. I did this and it's been on for 6 months. Hasn't popped off yet.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #76
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is also in ash tray location. I stow the mic when I'm not using it cause loose cords everywhere bugs the shit outta me.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #77
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
Installed over the fuse panel
Attached Thumbnails
cb radio location-20130814_174146.jpg  
Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklintworth View Post
Installed over the fuse panel
That looks exactly the same as mine, but mine is a Uniden
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #79
CTSupercharge is on a distinguished road

CTSupercharge's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine

Old 09-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #80
Tydeorum is on a distinguished road