Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lets see some horizon blue metallic tacos!!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #41
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1992 View Post
I know i can't stand when people call that color purple and i was about to paint my truck the newer Toyota blue idk what it's called but i found out this color is pretty rare so its staying this color
blue horizon metallic? its in the title of this thread... lol
or
the new rare blue is "speedway blue" because toyota discontinued it

just saw another blue horizon metallic taco for the first time in prisonville... mine's still cooler, the one i saw was pretty much stock
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #42
allen1992 is on a distinguished road

Name: allen
allen1992's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the speedway blue is what i was thinking of painting mine but its staying blue horizon metallic
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #43
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah the speedway blue is what i was thinking of painting mine but its staying blue horizon metallic
good call, my friend
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #44

yeah pretty much the only thing i wanna do it now is get the shrock works front bumper. If yall know of anyother websites for bumpers please let me know.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #45
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I've ever seen this color before . Looks great!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #46
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
yeah pretty much the only thing i wanna do it now is get the shrock works front bumper. If yall know of anyother websites for bumpers please let me know.
i been looking for a nice rear bumper, its not easy to find one in my price range
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
i been looking for a nice rear bumper, its not easy to find one in my price range
I know its the same for a plate front bumper cheapest one i found yet is $974 with the goodies i want on it
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #48
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
I know its the same for a plate front bumper cheapest one i found yet is $974 with the goodies i want on it
i want a plate rear bumper, but the tubular ones are nice too and much cheaper. i mostly want some extra weight on the rear end
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #49

Quote:
i want a plate rear bumper, but the tubular ones are nice too and much cheaper. i mostly want some extra weight on the rear end
do you get tire hop or something like that?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #50
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
do you get tire hop or something like that?
not too bad, but i would like the extra traction and the extra weight might lower the rear a .5 inch, making the taco sit level
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #51

Quote:
not too bad, but i would like the extra traction and the extra weight might lower the rear a .5 inch, making the taco sit level
yeah true i know mine is about .75 inches higher in the front than the rear and i wanna order a block it or something like that to make it level cause when i start flexing the rear my rear tires almost rub my bushwackers and that makes me kinda nervous
Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #52
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Ya, i can live with the rear being a lil higher, but i did the 5100s set at 2.25in a few days before the aal and the front was noticably higher than rear. I thought the aal would make it level, thats really all i want, whether i have to raise the front a lil more somehow or add weight to the rear. Honestly, i'd rather add the weight in the rear for the added traction and protection I wouldnt like the front being higher at all tho
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #53

S
Quote:
Ya, i can live with the rear being a lil higher, but i did the 5100s set at 2.25in a few days before the aal and the front was noticably higher than rear. I thought the aal would make it level, thats really all i want, whether i have to raise the front a lil more somehow or add weight to the rear. Honestly, i'd rather add the weight in the rear for the added traction and protection I wouldnt like the front being higher at all tho
I have a 3 inch lift on the front and added the 5100's and set it to the highest setting and its just a shackle lift for the rear i would like to change it to leaf spring though
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #55

Guys i seen the first tacoma ever besides mine that is the horizon blue matallic the only bad thing is is that it was all beat up and blue smoking really bad
Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #56
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Guys i seen the first tacoma ever besides mine that is the horizon blue matallic the only bad thing is is that it was all beat up and blue smoking really bad
o shit! rare taco colors only get rarer... just a dying breed. my buddy's 00 4x4 sc, featured in some of my posts, is disabled as well. as i understand it, the exhaust manifold cracked and the transmission went out while he was on the highway driving thru downtown houston!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #57
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
926...cool steel metallic/lavender steel metallic

old pic...pre TW...with the Body lift and all...will get better pics soon
Old 02-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #58
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah true i know mine is about .75 inches higher in the front than the rear and i wanna order a block it or something like that to make it level cause when i start flexing the rear my rear tires almost rub my bushwackers and that makes me kinda nervous
I'd suggest forking over a bit more cash and getting new leafs or something rather than blocking it if you are planning to offroad. I'm always seeing blocks fall out or get bent up. My rear end gives me problems occasionally too. Sometimes it will get in just the right spot to rub one of the bolt heads on the fender flare on one side which keeps messing it up. It did eat one of my mudflaps once too but I really shouldn't have those on anyway haha.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I'd suggest forking over a bit more cash and getting new leafs or something rather than blocking it if you are planning to offroad. I'm always seeing blocks fall out or get bent up. My rear end gives me problems occasionally too. Sometimes it will get in just the right spot to rub one of the bolt heads on the fender flare on one side which keeps messing it up. It did eat one of my mudflaps once too but I really shouldn't have those on anyway haha.
yeah id like to get a leaf spring kit but dont know what brand to go with. Itll have to wait a little cause i just got ordered my magnaflow last night and im also putting a new exhaust on my fiances 06 mustang haha
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #60
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
926...cool steel metallic/lavender steel metallic

old pic...pre TW...with the Body lift and all...will get better pics soon
looking forward to seeing em!