Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lets see some horizon blue metallic tacos!!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
Cool lets see some horizon blue metallic tacos!!

EDIT:

OPENING THREAD TO ALL
RARE COLORED FIRST GENS. (cobalt blue pearl 8k6, cool steel metaliic 926, copper canyon mica 3m1, horizon blue metallic 8n1, lavender steel metallic 926, mystic purple mica 938, paradise blue metallic 754, pewter pearl 196, surfside green mica 6p4) ONLY PLEASE!!!
remember:

I feel like this beautiful blue paint is a rare color among first gen. tacos, i've seen maybe 3 other tacos in person with the same color as me and probably about 3 on TW. so if u got a horizon blue metallic taco lets see it!

heres mine on the left and my buddy simon's on the right

newest pic (xmas facelift)
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump

hmmmm seems like i was right, TW has no horizon blue metallic tacos LAME

dying breed right here. rare paint scheme
<<<======
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
95tacos is on a distinguished road
95tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I wish mine was horizon blue. I'm repainting in the spring and highly considering changing from red to horizon blue, or the blue used on the 04 tundra. I'm not looking forward to the amount of work required to change the color so not sure what I'm going to do yet. You, have a beautiful truck there.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95tacos View Post
I wish mine was horizon blue. I'm repainting in the spring and highly considering changing from red to horizon blue, or the blue used on the 04 tundra. I'm not looking forward to the amount of work required to change the color so not sure what I'm going to do yet. You, have a beautiful truck there.
thanx, post pix here when u do lol
Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I remember that color. If I had that color, I would never get rid of the truck. That color probably won't be made again.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I remember that color. If I had that color, I would never get rid of the truck. That color probably won't be made again.
some how i always have rare factory paint jobs on my trucks. my ranger had bright amber and they only made it from 98-99 lol the color they replaced it with in 00 (a less red/more orange version) went on to be a major color used on the harley davidson edition f-series trucks tho

i know some one other than me has a taco that is horizon blue metallic, come on ppl i wanna see if there's one nicer than mine or not at this point, if any at all lol
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Pol500 is on a distinguished road

Pol500's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine. Unfortunately the rust got her. Looks more purple then yours but it was horizon blue metallic.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

what a beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol500 View Post
Here's mine. Unfortunately the rust got her. Looks more purple then yours but it was horizon blue metallic.

so u traded her for an 03?

i just wish mine was 4x4...and S/C for that matter lol but I am upgrading her suspension by mid Jan.!!
she's on brand new tires since June anyways, I wont go bigger than the general grabber 28" tires till they wear down. want to fit 30"s with 1.5" of lift from prerunner stance, front levelled with billy 5100s

saw this pic in ur profile and plucked it
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
bump

hmmmm seems like i was right, TW has no horizon blue metallic tacos LAME

dying breed right here. rare paint scheme
<<<======
Mine is also a super rare color, I don't think I seen another truck on here with the same paint as mine which is mystic purple metallic
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
What's the paint code?
for which color?

apears to be colors more rare than ours... i've never seen copper canyon mica before, only made for one year model lol, ours were for 2

when i first got my truck i mistook the color for that cobalt blue pearl, hence my screen name...
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #13
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mines 938, yeah theres a few other rare colors out there, they should put some rare colors for the new tacomas too, that would be pretty cool
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #14

just googled copper canyon mica and i saw only two, btw copper canyon mica looks pretty good
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
mines 938, yeah theres a few other rare colors out there, they should put some rare colors for the new tacomas too, that would be pretty cool
they do, its called speedway blue (discontinued)

Quote:
just googled copper canyon mica and i saw only two, btw copper canyon mica looks pretty good
yeah i started googling the rare color tacos too lol

more pics

Representin TW, Equality, and not littering... in TX

STOCK/day i got the Shark back form the body shop. She had been struck by a huge tree limb, in a bad windstorm, after an Iron Maiden concert, and resurrected.

stock
Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #16

i guess i would be kinda rare, i seem to see them all the time tho,oh yeah im gonna google some more colors and see whats out there
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Mine is also a super rare color, I don't think I seen another truck on here with
the same paint as mine which is mystic purple metallic
lets see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
What's the paint code?
what no pics? ur truck looks nice from ur avatar...
Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #18

Pic in the link
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #19

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...4045_large.jpg
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #20
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for which color?

apears to be colors more rare than ours... i've never seen copper canyon mica before, only made for one year model lol, ours were for 2

when i first got my truck i mistook the color for that cobalt blue pearl, hence my screen name...
I was originally asking about the horizon blue metallic lol.

Quote:
lets see it...

what no pics? ur truck looks nice from ur avatar...
Mine is the cool steel metallic. Made two years but they decided to switch up the names haha. I'd love a copper canyon mica one. I've only ever seen two...I think. One was driving the opposite way on the freeway and the other one is local. I think it's sun faded a bit so I can't quite tell from a distance.

Not the best picture but its the only decent one I can access on my iPad.

I'll put up a better one later.