Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

roof rack

Old 12-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
AJMAG is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
roof rack

anyone have any pictures of their truck with a roof rack? tryin to decide if i wanna do it or not. not the racks that come outta the bed and over the roof but a legit roof rack. or does anyone know a good place to buy one?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Use the search function on here, cause I've seen a lot of threads pop up in the past few weeks on this topic, more than likely one of those will have what you need. I'm not totally sure what you mean when you say legit roof rack though, if it comes off the bed its not legit
Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #3

AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
lol just a roof rack not attatched to the bed i mean. i need the bed clear cause i carry two dirtbikes in the back. ill search again i couldnt find exactly what i was lookin for
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh gotcha, what are you putting up there? Check out Bajaracks, they are very highly regarded
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #5

AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
cool ill check them out thanks. and figured i could put my gear bag and some other misc stuff up there to free up some bed space
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have a baja rack. Check my pics. Bought from southeast overland. I would reccomend the rack and SouthEast overland!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun

^ nice! Havent seen most of those pics! I'm having billy at brute force make something for me, when funds arrive of course. It'll be similar in function to yours, but way different in form. I love TW idea of them being tied together, gonna try and build mine modular so that the roof rack can stay attached and the bed rack can come off in the winters if needed.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
Purveyor of Fun

I'd say that passes the test then haha. Looks good man, definitely functional and that's what counts right?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun

Yeah, do you notice a difference in mpg's with your RTT mounted there versus level with the top? I'm assuming there's a drop I'm just trying to figure out how drastic it's gonna be on mine.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Yeah, do you notice a difference in mpg's with your RTT mounted there versus level with the top? I'm assuming there's a drop I'm just trying to figure out how drastic it's gonna be on mine.

actually its pretty close to level..the only part that really sticks up over the roof is the ladder part, only like 1-2'' about the cab for the actual tent..

and believe it or not..saw no change in mpg..when i still was rebuilding the roof rack from the roll over i still got 15-18 hwy. Which might seem low but when you consider im on 33x12.5s on stock gears with a ton of heavy armor and such..its not bad really. haven't had it on the hwy yet with the roof rack rebuilt.

i got 18mph going to and from a meet set up like this..

Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #14

AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
can anyone link me of one to buy? i cant find one for the life of me! i can only find accessories for racks already installed
Old 12-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #16

AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
really? no one makes a universal mount or anything? im a little upset now
Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #18
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery

And with my temporary roof basket i build last minute for a trip

I used the landing pad 7 and Yakima Q towers

Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #19

AJMAG's Tacoma Gallery
thats exactly what i want thats sick man
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #20
ry_ja78 will become famous soon enoughry_ja78 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
ry_ja78's Tacoma Gallery
Just a qwik pic of my roll bar/roof rack setup..... jus one option of getting a roof rack seeing that the Xtra cab doesn't have roof rails to facilitate easier mounting of racks....

Will post up more pics soon