Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cylinder 6 misfire

Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Cylinder 6 misfire

Just got done doing a valve cover gasket replacement and now am battling a cylinder 6 misfire. All plugs and wires are in the correct spot. I marked them before removal. I have cleaned the #6 plug, swapped coils, unplugged battery, cleaned TB and MAF and am out of ideas. The only other thing I can think of is an injector issue but I haven't tested it because it calls for the removal of everything I just put back on (vacuum hoses, throttle cable, tranny kickdown, upper and lower plenum) simply to access the the injector on #6. I was trying to avoid taking it all back apart. During the removal of the valve covers I did unplug all 6 injectors in order to raise the harness out of the way more.

At this point the only thing I can think of is swapping injectors and seeing if the misfire follows which is a ton of work (Why can't the misfire be on the passenger side????).

Anyone have any input before I tear it down again? I think I am done working for tonight and am going to West Virginia to ride four wheelers tomorrow so I may not be able to respond to anyone till tomorrow night. Thanks to anyone in advance!