1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cylinder 6 misfire

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Gear Head, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dec 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Gear Head

Gear Head [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Winston Salem, NC
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma
    fj60 front, fj80 rear, full hydro, 5.29's, welded, twin sticked 2.28/4.70 duals, 39.5's, inboarded 63's
    Just got done doing a valve cover gasket replacement and now am battling a cylinder 6 misfire. All plugs and wires are in the correct spot. I marked them before removal. I have cleaned the #6 plug, swapped coils, unplugged battery, cleaned TB and MAF and am out of ideas. The only other thing I can think of is an injector issue but I haven't tested it because it calls for the removal of everything I just put back on (vacuum hoses, throttle cable, tranny kickdown, upper and lower plenum) simply to access the the injector on #6. I was trying to avoid taking it all back apart. During the removal of the valve covers I did unplug all 6 injectors in order to raise the harness out of the way more.

At this point the only thing I can think of is swapping injectors and seeing if the misfire follows which is a ton of work (Why can't the misfire be on the passenger side????).

Anyone have any input before I tear it down again? I think I am done working for tonight and am going to West Virginia to ride four wheelers tomorrow so I may not be able to respond to anyone till tomorrow night. Thanks to anyone in advance!

Products Discussed in

To Top